“Nice atmosphere and quality food”
Review of Room 39

Room 39
Reserve with OpenTable
Room 39 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #128 of 1,429 Restaurants in Kansas City
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Bell
Reviewed December 16, 2012

Although the menu seemed a bit limited, the food that came out was very high quality. My grilled Caesar salad was huge and great, the butternut squash soup was very tasteful. The wine selected was just right. Our server was very helpful and accommodating some special dietary needs. Overall fine ambience and experience.

There are newer reviews for Room 39

Reviewed November 11, 2012

Intimate but not crowded restaurant. Waiter was superb - helpful, not condescending or cloying, didn't push stuff or rush us. food was ambitious and excellent. reviews on some other site made me worried the 4 course meal (for $39?) wouldn't be enough so i ordered a full entree etc. i saw some other diner's 4 course meal and it looked enough to me so don't dismiss this idea. it wasn't inexpensive but i felt a fair value. parking on street in neighborhood was a little tight at night but we found one about 2 blocks away. try it.

Reviewed September 25, 2012

Have a hard judging this, I would say between average and very good. Very nice people, interesting neighborhood (old Truman's house around the corner), value for money. Only would hope that would offer a bit more than the current menu. Coffee is great.

Reviewed September 13, 2012

This place is located in a really neat area of the city near the KU Med Center. There is a lot of funky retail/nightlife packed into a two-three block area. My average rating of the place is not meant to be negative. In fact, I would return happily to dine again. I was part of a party of three for dinner, we were accommodated swiftly and dined outside on the sidewalk on a beautiful evening. The wine, cheese plate and entrees were very adequate and enjoyed thoroughly by all. The seating area is quite small---I would call ahead. Its an old building, I also recommend dining there when the weather doesnt warrant a high tech HVAC system.

1  Thank bglarson
Reviewed September 7, 2012

My husband and I discovered KC this summer and spend a getaway weekend here about once per month (we currently live in Lincoln, NE). I found this restaurant just searching for breakfast places and we tried it earlier this summer and have made a point to return on every trip. The food is outstanding, I do not get the reviewer who said the breakfast needs work. We are pretty much working our way through the Breakfast menu and can say everything has been wonderful. Highlights are the Artichoke toast with arugula and poached eggs. We can't wait to come back to try a tasting menu for dinner. Great coffee, friendly staff and they never disappoint!