“Delicious Seafood & Great Service!!”

Jax Fish House & Oyster Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Jax Fish House & Oyster Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #35 of 1,583 Restaurants in Kansas City
Cuisines: Seafood, Contemporary
Dining options: Dinner, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: Jax Kansas City brings the Coasts to the Coastless by mindfully sourcing and soulfully preparing the freshest and finest seafood in the world. The Jax crew helps to create great memories by serving our guests and community with an uncommon level of genuine care - whether it's for an anniversary dinner, a night out with friends, or happy hour at the raw bar. Every glass, every plate, and every gesture is filled with the intent to create a singularly perfect experience.
Reviewed August 21, 2018

This was our 1st visit & we will definitely return! The service was fantastic. Natalie answered all of our questions and made some great recommendations. We were celebrating our anniversary so it was nice that our corner booth was cozy & somewhat private. We had just returned from a vacation on the West Coast so our seafood expectations were set pretty high. We were not disappointed! We shared the Sinker platter which could easily serve 3-4 people especially if you have an appetizer and salad. The crab & lobster were flavorful. The oysters were fresh and the fruit de mar was a lovely combination of seafood & green olives. If you try nothing else, you must have the calamari - huge, delicious pieces!! (Note - you may want to ask about seasonings before ordering. I forgot to ask and the peel-and-eat shrimp were too spicy for my taste, but my husband enjoyed them.) If we hadn't been driving, we would have tried more of the drink menu. My "Mule" was fantastic-they even make their own ginger beer on site. Thank you for making our evening special!

Date of visit: August 2018
Kristi Q, General Manager at Jax Fish House & Oyster Bar, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2018

Tawn R,

I am just so happy that you had such an amazing time. And I am thrilled that we lived up to West Coast seafood expectations! Thank you for taking the time to review us online. If I can ever be of personal assistance, or help arrange any future visits, please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly!

Reviewed August 18, 2018 via mobile

My husband and I have been here a couple of times now and have NOT been disappointed! It’s hard to find good oysters in the Midwest, but they are one of the few places in KC I’ll go to. They are definitely at the top of my list though! Small, quiet, pretty restaurant. Great happy hour too. I liked going in once and a family with little kids came in and the staff were all so welcoming. A lot of smaller, higher end restaurants will get annoyed with little ones, but they all came by to make sure they didn’t need anything. It was really nice. Back to the food: go. Try it. Worth your time and tastebuds.

Date of visit: March 2018

Nicky531,

Thank you! I'm so happy that you have had great experiences with us. I thank you for your kind words and for your continued patronage. Please introduce yourself the next time you are in; I would love the opportunity to meet you in person!

Reviewed August 12, 2018 via mobile

The oysters are fresh. Service beyond our expectations. Great wine selection! Best meal on the menu is the halibut, but they are all so delicious. We will be going back.....soon!

1  Thank PDiWalsh
Jax Fish House K, General Manager at Jax Fish House & Oyster Bar, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2018

Paula,

Thank you! Please do let me know when you would like to return - I would love to help arrange that visit for you!

Reviewed August 6, 2018

We are never disappointed when we eat at Jax. Love the atmosphere and their seasonal menu always has nice options. We stopped in after checking in late to the Fontaine (right around the corner)!

Date of visit: August 2018

Thank you for your continued business. We are truly grateful that you would choose to dine with us again and again. We'll work hard to sustain our rank!

We hope you'll visit us again soon. Please reach out directly if I can ever be of assistance.

Reviewed August 1, 2018 via mobile

The happy hour here is fantastic, very fresh oysters, love the atmosphere and the staff are super friendly. It does get busy so get there early enough. Love this place.

Date of visit: July 2018

Thank you for the love and we can't wait to have you back!

Please reach out directly if I can ever be of assistance.