“Great Hotel for Business!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Residence Inn Kansas City Airport

Residence Inn Kansas City Airport
Ranked #27 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Great Hotel for Business!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2010

I Felt very safe here. I am a female who travels about 5-6 times a year on business and safety is key to me. Very nice and clean hotel too! I am pretty picky when it comes to cleanliness, and the Residence Passed my criteria! Thanks.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2010

Booked here since the Courtyard across the street that we usually stay at was full. AMazing room, super clean, spacious, breakfast was amazing. Ice maker didn't produce very fast but they offfered free bags of ice at the front desk to fill our cooler. Definitely going to make this our choice hotel in KC now.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
North Alabama
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2010

I stayed here on business and was pleased, as usual, with the Residence Inn experience. The large, spacious rooms are nice and well-furnished, and the surrounding property is very nice as well. The breakfast and dining areas are both above average, though I didn't get to try the manager's specials. There isn't much immediately near the hotel, but several good shopping and dining options are an exit or two away on I-29.

My main problem was that my room faced Interstate 29, and the road noise disrupted my sleep on some occasions--it's probably worth requesting that your room be on the opposite side of the building where the noise is not as bad. It was also a bit unsettling to be picked up at the KCI airport by a blank, unmarked van (aside from a hastily-printed sign in the window). Other minor issues: a TV in my room didn't work, it's a little awkward to get to the property from the nearby road, and it is a strangely long trip from the lobby to the elevator. None of these issues are deal-killers, but they hurt the overall experience.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank Storm27
Hartford, Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2010

The Residence Inn at the Kansas City Airport was what I expect from Residence Inn. The staff was friendly, my room was clean and had everything I needed. I couldn't get comfortable on the bed, but don't know why. My only disappointment was that the hotel didn't have HBO in its cable lineup, so I missed a show I wanted to watch. Check-in and check-out were quick and easy. It's a bit of a hike from the from desk to the elevators, and I wasn't able to get a room on the first floor, as I'd requested in advance. Overall, I was satisfied with my stay. Each day's breakfast was all right; I didn't have a chance to try the manager's specials in the evening.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
Madison, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2010

I love the way that this property is laid out..with a courtyard outside in the center of all the different areas of the hotel. It also included a sport court and a outdoor grilling area. The common areas were very clean and had beautiful bright colors and designs. I did use the fitness center, business center and pool...all were very nice. I thought a free Sunday paper was a nice treat to look at during breakfast. Our room was also lovely...my only complaint would be the mattresses seemed a little flimsy. My husband is twice my size and I found myself rolling towards him during the night. Also, the hotel was busy during our stay and all the trash canisters I passed were overflowing...even in the bathroom next to the fitness center! Overall, I enjoyed the space and ambiance of this hotel.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Huntsville, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2010

We just stayed here for 4 nights this past weekend. We are a family of 5 with two young children and one grown one. Our room was a two bedroom suite with a king in one bedroom and two queen beds in the other bedroom. There are two bathrooms, one inside each bedroom. The hotel had the portable crib for the baby already in our room upon arrival. Props to them for that bonus!

The good: The room was clean and newish. There were 3 flat screen TVs – 1 in each bedroom and 1 in the living room. The living room had an electric fireplace, which was a nice touch. The kitchen is a full kitchen including a dishwasher. We took the family to the pool one evening. The temperature was perfect and they offered extra towels, so we didn’t have to use our bath towels. The free breakfast included a wide variety of cold and hot options. The staff was quick to fix problems. One day the cable was out in one bedroom (due to lightning, they said). Someone came up to fix it quickly.

The bad: The good definitely outweighed the bad, but there are a few things worth noting. The two mornings that I took an early shower, my water temp never warmed up. It wasn’t freezing cold, but it was cold. When the rest of the family woke up later and showered, their temperature was fine. Ditto to what the previous poster said about the free Internet. It was soooo slow. It reminded me of the dial-up days. While the breakfast was excellent, on the weekends it is crowded and the flow around the food is poor, which means a lot of waiting to get to what you want. On those same days, tables were slow to be cleared off and it was hard to find a clean, available table.

Overall, we are pleased with our experience and would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Omaha, Nebraska
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2010

I travel with my husband, a quadriplegic. I called ahead to be certain that this facility is accessible. They have adequate loading areas in the disabled parking but the staff parked on it. When I reported it the front desk staff and the manager already knew a car was there and had done nothing about it. They even knew who's car it was and it belonged to the man who had discussed our needs with me and made our reservations! The shower is barrier free but too narrow for a chair and not flat enough to stand on and feel safe.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business