“Best BBQ in KC - BURNT ENDS 🔥🔥🔥”
Review of Q39 - Midtown

Q39 - Midtown
Ranked #5 of 1,557 Restaurants in Kansas City
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: The famed Kansas City barbecue is known and desired all across the country. But in the heart of Kansas City, locals know Q39 is the place to go. Blending national-championship barbecue with wood-fire grill techniques, Q39 has mastered the techniques and process that creates perfect 'cue. Share-ables, soups and salads, specialty sandwiches, brisket burgers and award winning BBQ dinner plates make up a menu that features wood-fire grilling from top to bottom, but still allows for enough variety to satisfy any customer's needs. A menu filled with so many great options can be difficult to highlight, but the ""best wings on the planet"" and ""burnt-end burger"" are a few favorites you'll surely be back again for.
Reviewed January 21, 2020 via mobile

My oh my. Where do I start? The local beer selection is off the chain. You must, I repeat MUST get the pork belly/sausage corn dogs with the honey dipping sauce. A thing of beauty. The burnt ends were the best barbecue I’ve ever eaten in my entire life. The Mack and cheese was a top-five mac & cheese I’ve ever eaten. If you’re looking for good barbecue, you found it.

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (3,170)

Reviewed January 16, 2020 via mobile

Top place for BARBQ, real quality food and always prepared professionally.
Lots of Q choices, don’t miss this place.

1  Thank MWPUR
Reviewed January 15, 2020 via mobile

Absolutely fantastic spot for BBQ! Cool atmosphere, service was great but the food...this is why you have to go here. Had brisket plate and it was really good but the highlight of my plate were the burnt ends - unreal flavor, super moist, and simply fabulous. Sides are also really good as well...don’t miss out on Q39 if you are in KC.

1  Thank brandonk754
Reviewed January 13, 2020 via mobile

IMO, this should be the #1 restaurant here. Amazing BBQ and was just sorry I did not come with an empty stomach so I can eat more. The brisket is so tender and the burnt ends are out of this world. Food came out literally minutes after I ordered and the bill was so cheap. Super value for super food.

Reviewed January 12, 2020 via mobile

We went to Q 39 to get our barbecue on. This place always delivers in a big way. The service that we received was phenomenal, the drinks were amazing and of course the barbecue is divine. The only real let down is the potato salad. It just does not do it for me. But their beans go all day and are fantastic. Ribs of coarse are stellar and fall off the bone and the chicken is out of this world, crazy good. Desserts are magnificent as well, we took them to go since we were fed until we nearly burst.

Date of visit: October 2019