“Great happy hour” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of BRIO Tuscan Grille

BRIO Tuscan Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #25 of 1,400 Restaurants in Kansas City
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children, Bar scene, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Drinks, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Start your taste trip to Italy with the romantic Tuscany with our Italian menu of seafood, steaks, grilled items, pasta dishes, traditional Italian desserts, and drinks. All served by our warm and welcoming staff at Brio Tuscan Grille Country Club Plaza. Reach us on the corner of Nichols & Pennsylvania. Across from J.Crew. Join us at BRIO Tuscan Grille, the best Italian restaurant near you!
Brownwood, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great happy hour”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2013

While visiting Kansas City, my family recommended this restaurant. We decided to try their happy hour and it was well worth it. The martinis were great and I loved the appetizer menu. If I am ever back in the city, I would love to come back here.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Janet R

Kansas City, Kansas
“Always a Great meal with Friends”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2013

Went to Brio this Sunday after a disastrous attempt to go to McCormick and Schmick. I should have just come here first, because it's always welcoming and well worth it. Although it was November, we were still able to sit out on the upstairs veranda and enjoy the sun through the roll down clear covers. Still an "Al Fresco" environment in a chilly morning. The staff here is always friendly and attentive, the place clean and neat. The food was very good, the only issue I had was I ordered from the "Brunch" menu and my "Fritatta" was miniscule compared to my compatriots meals, especially the "Omelet of the Day" which nearly filled the plate. I relished every bite of the Fritatta, although small. We all had alcoholic beverages, the wine list is quite good, I had a very nice Chianti, and the others in my party had Bellinis, which were very good. All in all a very good meal in a very good restaurant, one that took the rest of the day to walk off!

• Visited November 2013
Kansas City, Missouri, United States
“Best Happy Hour and Upstairs on the Plaza”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2013

Their tuscan taster appetizer menu is a must not miss. They have in the afternoons and then reverse from 9-10 during the week. The martinis are inexpensive without tasting cheap. The upstairs is the route to go... just walk up the stairs at the back left of the main restaurant. I have never eaten here for dinner. Just a word of caution, the burger will arrive fully cooked regardless of how you order it.

Visited April 2013
Kansas City, Kansas
“Carpaccio of my dreams”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2013

I returned for my favorite lunch, their carpaccio appetizer. It is a huge plate, beautifully layered in fresh carpaccio, a sweet/tart dressed salad and drizzled aioli. The bread and parmesan chips are hot and a great accompaniment. I have ordered this several times thinking I should share..but I don't. Too good.
What is special for a good sized restaurant is the service. The servers are professionals with a captains station directing traffic. No matter what I wear I feel welcome and well served.
It's a large restaurant, great bar seating with a large more intimate booth seating for more "old Kansas City" charm.

• Visited August 2013
San Diego, California
“Great food and Amazing martinis!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013

We stopped here for lunch after leaving the Classic cup, which had terrible service. But this was a great suggestion from the hotel, we wanted to eat outside but the wind was so much we ended up at he bar, and the food was Amazing, the salad, pasta, and martini were all Excellent! My 2 girlfriends and I were in town for the Blake Shelton concert and so we decided to do some sightseeing and some good food and instead we had an incredible experience. Thank you to the bartender downstairs who made me the best rasberry lemon drop martini I have had! If you want great service and excellent food and drinks with a beautiful restaurant then this is it! I will be back if we are ever in Kansas city again!

• Visited October 2013