“Better Options” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #44 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
Atlanta, Georgia
“Better Options”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2014

Been to this hotel multiple times, this last was our least favorite of them all. While the staff is friendly the hotel is dilapidated and doesn't have much to offer. It was dirty and unkept. The double Queen rooms are worse then the King sized rooms. Parking is terrible, u can park across the hotel and pay $12 or have valet for $16. I will personally probably not stay here again but will choose another down in the same area with more things to offer.

Room Tip: Get a King sized room
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Caleb P
Sarah D, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Aladdin, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
Thank you for your review. I apologize the hotel did not meet your expectations. I would like to hear more about your experience, and what room you stayed in so we can immediately address the issues you are describing. I can be reached directly at 816-421-8887 or sdevault@hialaddin.com.

Director of Sales and Marketing

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
Crown Point, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2014

The hotel lobby was a very modern boutique style reminicent of a by-gone era. The room was immaculently clean and done in modern decor with a cool funky chair. I had seen other say the bathrooms were small but I found them really no different then other hotels and this is a reburbished older hotel. Check in was prompt and curteous used the valet parking and the car was always promptly brought to the door. Enjoyed our stay there.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Sarah D, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Aladdin, responded to this review, May 30, 2014
Thank you for your review. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us! We hope to have you back, and very soon!

Columbia, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

I found my room to be quiet and comfortable, close to Power and Light, the Sprint

center and convention center. It's an old hotel but nicely done. Staff were helpful.

There is a wonderful food market a block away.

I walked from Union station and felt safe.. One could walk to City Center.

1 Thank James J
Sarah D, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Aladdin, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
Thank you for your review. We are so happy you chose to stay with us while visiting Kansas City. We, too, love our location! We hope to have you back again very soon!!!

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2014

Got a good price on a three night stay with a king bed. The building was cool - it's on the National Register of Historic Places. It's old. The elevators are small. It's downtown which isn't the most happening spot in KC (we ended up driving to a lot of the places we wanted to go (Nelson-Atkins, Westport, etc.)) but the price was right. It's close to the Crossroads Art District and also to the Power & Light District (which is flashy and corporate).

The room was nice, big comfy bed, clean. It was a fine place to crash after a long day of exploring. There were no menus in the room. It was unclear if there was room service.

The parking situation wasn't clear. You won't be able to find street parking so you'll have to park across the street for 12 bucks a day or get valet for 16 bucks a pop. Whether they had valet wasn't clear when we pulled up. There were parked cars parked in a no parking zone, blocking the entrance.

They asked us if we wanted free champagne when we checked in, but then they were out of glasses. They said they'd bring some up but they never did. We called down for a bottle-opener. The bartender came up and opened our wine for us, explaining that the desk should have told us to come down and have it opened. Additionally, he explained they stopped carrying bottle openers in the rooms since people took them. It was an odd interaction but I was glad he opened the wine.

One afternoon, the fire alarm went off when I was napping. I got in my clothes to leave the hotel but then we were told false alarm.

There was some weirdness to the joint, but all in all, as I mentioned before, a fine place to crash and the price was right.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Sarah D, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Aladdin, responded to this review, May 28, 2014
Thank you for your review. We are so happy you enjoyed your stay with us. We sincerely appreciate your feedback on all your interactions with our staff, and will address accordingly. We are working to ensure that future guests do not have a confusing parking situation, so thank you for that insight. We hope to have you back soon!

MSALLEN
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2014 via mobile

I had a wonderful time staying here. The staff was a ll very helpful and nice. Rooms are small but they are nice and have a degree of character. I would stay there again. The location is great. Very close to everything downtown.

• Stayed March 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your review. We are so happy you enjoyed your stay at our beautiful hotel! One of the things that makes us special is the fact that each room on each floor is configured differently. So two people on the same floor will never have the same room! We hope to see you back again soon!

Whittier, California, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2014

The hotel I was working out of in the NE part of the state was sold out so I needed a place to park myself for the weekend. All of the local places were sold out too (graduations and a big wedding) so I decided to look outside the area. I've been through Kansas City many times on the train but have never experienced the city. Checking hotel prices the Holiday Inn Aladdin had a reasonable rate and looked like a nice hotel with easy access to the rest of the city.

I was not disappointed. The staff was very friendly and got me checked in quickly without any problems. The decor of the hotel is fun and vibrant. It is an older hotel but with a modern facelift. The rooms were nice and clean. They are a bit small as are the bathrooms but again this is an older hotel so that's sort of expected. There were plenty of electrical outlets and good lighting in the room. Noise from the hallway was a little loud but you seem to find that in most hotels these days. The Max Bus stops right at the corner and I used this to get up to the City Market and down to the Country Club Plaza. Since I took the train I didn't have a car but there is pay parking right across the street. There's even a Budget Rent a Car next door if you need to rent a car.

Overall I had a very nice weekend stay. I plan to stay here again the next time I'm in Kansas City. I just wish the World Team Tennis team still played across the street! I even recommended it to a friend who stayed there last night.

Room Tip: Use the local bus transportation to get around. It may not always be on time but it's an easy a...
1 Thank Tommers207
Thank you for your review. We are so happy you were able to make a stop in our beautiful city! I will pass along your compliments to our staff. We strive to ensure an amazing experience for each guest, and are so happy you enjoyed your stay. Hope to see you again soon!

Sarah DeVaualt
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2014

I was in town for Spectrum Fantastic Art Live! 2014 at the convention center. Many of the exhibiting artists stayed at this hotel, the official event hotel.

The staff was SUPER nice and helpful. Justin at the front desk was especially gracious and accommodating. The room was spectacular - corner room, single bed on the 9th floor in the front. Beautiful views. Cleanly and nicely appointed. Spacious.

Now for the negatives:
- Air conditioner roars. Built-in "white noise" - took a little getting used to
- Walls are fairly non-soundproof. Just hope there are no honey-mooners next door - and if YOU are the honeymooners, beware: people can hear you. LOL
- Maid service - inconsistent. Did not replenish all the room's supplies (Soap!) and failed to clean it one day. Not great to come back from a long day on your feet to an un-serviced room. But then again, front desk jumped right on it.

Tips:
Ask for a high floor in the FRONT (back view is a brick wall).
If you are getting a single king bed, ask for a corner in the front. These are larger than the "interior" king rooms.

I will stay there again. Recommended.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor in the FRONT (back view is a brick wall). If you are getting a single king bed...
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your review. We sincerely appreciate your feedback, and will address these issues with the correct departments. We love having Spectrum stay with us each year! You all are such a great group! We look forward to seeing you next year!