“Incredible!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Aladdin

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Holiday Inn Aladdin
Ranked #44 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
Kansas City
“Incredible!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2008

My husband and I had made reservations for a one night "Romance Package" at a higher priced hotel down the street last year and when we got there the electricity was out. We went to the room for a bit but decided we didn't want to stay without the air conditioning. We stopped into a few other hotels downtown to check out prices and availability. We almost didn't go into the Aladdin because it said "Holiday Inn" on it so we expected less than we got.
As soon as we walked in we wanted to stay there! The decor is incredible! Everything is very modern, bright, and beautiful. The staff was so nice. We told them about our anniversary being ruined by the other hotel's power outage and they gave us a price cut on the room, a bottle of chanpagne, and certificates for breakfast to be sure we would have a great time.
Once we got settled in our room (again, totally modern, all new and gorgeous! Tons better than the higher priced hotel room!) the front desk clerk called up to see if there was anything missing in our room and if we needed anything else.
We spent part of our evening in the lounge where the atmosphere was sophisticated yet cheery, and the food and drinks were amazing! The desert we had from room service is all I can think about for this year's anniversary, and breakfast was wonderful!
If you can go to this hotel, you should! No one should miss this incredible place!

• Liked — The decor!
  • Disliked — Nothing!
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
2 Thank cstice79

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
usa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2008

We stayed at this hotel for the weekend of 8/22-24 and what a great deal! We booked it soley based on reviews from this website and I am so glad we did.
The room was VERY small, so if you are looking for a nice, big room, this is probably not your place. We didn't really care, so we gave it a shot. The service was amazing! They mapquested directions to everything for us, they gave some great recommendations of things to do while in town. They have lots of ammenities that we did not even have time to use including a spa, pillow menut, rooms service, free internet in the room, etc.
There was a very nice TV in the room and the shower and bed were very nice also. The hotel is probably a 10 minute walk from the new Power and LIght District. There are also several restaurants and bars in walking distance and we found it to be very safe walking even late at night.
We parked in the garage across the street for $12/day.
Give it a shot! You won't regret it!

• Liked — Location and Service
  • Disliked — Small rooms
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank recharged90210
Cary, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2008

Not a bad hotel overall... Nice flat panel TV in the room... Bed is comfortable, but make sure to check out the pillow menu in the guest book. Lots to choose from.

Of course every place has some bad things:
Elevator - I was staying on the 12 th floor and I know that at times I waited more than 5 minutes for the elevator. Yes the hotel did have someone here twice working on them.

Bathroom - The bathroom that I had was very small, ever hear the says I had to step outside to change my mind? Well that was the size of my bathroom.

AC - In my room it just never Cooled down. Now of course it was well over 100 degrees outside, so I'm sure that had something to do with it.

Let me do say that I would come back and stay here, it is very close to convention center and some good restaurants.

• Stayed August 2008, traveled on business
1 Thank David W
Daytona Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2008

I was in KC for a conference for three nights at the end of July and beginning of August. The conference organizers recommended 4 hotels- I researched them all here and chose the Holiday Inn Aladdin based on the great reviews. I have never stayed in a HI before (usually Hilton, often BnBs) and wasn't exactly sure what to expect. I travel fairly often and have pretty high standards (OK, I'm a little picky) and the HI far exceeded my expectations on nearly everything.

The location is wonderful if you're attending something at the convention center. The bellhops out front are friendly and helpful. Free sparkling wine at check in. Very friendly hotel staff. I mean, really, really nice people. I had an issue with a very rude cabbie who also accidentally broke my bottle of wine... I was telling them about it at check in as my suitcase dripped. Some time later the manager of restaurant services appeared with a complimentary bottle of a quite tasty chardonnay to replace the ruined one. I was floored by their hospitality! This was really far above and beyond any service I could've expected.

I did not get a chance to take lunch or dinner in the restaurant as I would've liked as I was attending events with others from the conference, but I suspect it would've been great. The bar is really pretty.

I had a king sized bed on the 14th floor, great views, room on the smallish side but it was just me so who cares. Neat decor. Great showerhead. Housekeeping was up to par. Big TV, lots of cable channels, free internet... shall I continue? Apparently they also have complimentary ipod rental, complimentary dvd rental, and a pillow menu but I did not use any of these things.

If I had to find anything to complain about (not everything can be completely perfect, right?) I'd get nit picky and say the gym is pretty small and the coffee/creamer setup in the room isn't very good and only has sugar and sweet n low, but I bring my own Splenda anyway. The mattress/linens leave a little to be desired (the sheets were a little pilled up and the duvet was really, really thin) but these are all very minor things that really didn't make a big difference overall.

If I ever come to Kansas City again, I'll certainly stay here. It has been one of the best (if not THE best) hotel experiences I've ever encountered.

• Liked — Amazing, friendly staff.
  • Disliked — Sheets/duvet.
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled on business
1 Thank The_Dylaness
Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2008

We can thank TomTom for helping us find this really cool hotel. This was our second stay in KC in a week (we were on the last day of a TN-UT and back trip). We had stopped in KC on the way there and had so much fun that we decided to spend another evening there on the way home.

We had spent some time in the Power & Light entertainment district the first night, so we set the GPS for that part of town. We saw a few hotels close by and parked the car to investigate. We walked around the corner and saw a Holiday Inn sign attached to an old building. Now, we've stayed in some pretty sketchy Holiday Inns in our time, but this can be said about A LOT of hotel chains. Out of curiosity, we went inside to check out the rates.

This is NOT a typical HI. This is a hip boutique hotel. The lobby made me feel like Alice in Wonderland. Super cool. The staff was very friendly, knowledgeable and engaging. We inquired about rates only to be quoted not only their rate for the evening but also the rates of several nearby hotels. How cool is that?? The difference between this hotel and the cheapest one was 10 bucks and not worth the trouble.

Our room had a brick wall view, but we were there to experience the city, not look at it from a window. The room was pretty fantastic. King sized bed with a pillow menu in the hotel book just in case the several provided didn't meet your comfort needs. The bathroom was spacious and super clean. This hotel also participates in the water saving "Use Your Towels More Than Once Like Normal People Do" crusade which earns them a gold star in our book.

This hotel is two blocks up and two blocks over from the restaurant/bar district. There were some really cool places to visit. Two of our favorites were The Flying Saucer, a beer bar with a mindboggling selection and Raglan Road Irish Pub, a beautiful pub that looked more like a cathedral than a bar.

There is a public parking garage located directly across the street from the hotel lobby.

We walked to and fro, and we never felt uncomfortable or unsafe at any point.

This place is highly recommended by my hubby and me. The next time we are in the States, we are definitely hitting up KC again, and we will most likely stay at the Aladdin.

• Liked — Convenient location; great staff; parking is a non-issue
  • Disliked — Nothing to report
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank laura_belle35758
Kansas City, MO
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2008

Stayed one night at the Aladdin, enjoying our anniversary. We loved the building--beautiful classic architecture, very tastefully renovated and updated. A little bit on the small side, but not terrible. Our room was in keeping with the pictures advertised on the hotel's website and very comfortable. We purchased the Dinner package and found it to be a decent value. The food in the Zebra Room was excellent.
Only a few slight detractors:
Restaurant wait staff and front desk staff were a little less professional than we would have preferred--although not a major problem.
Bar area was rather awkwardly placed on the second floor.
Parking is a bit of a hassle--definitely worth the two extra dollars to get valet parking.
We didn't like the activity and extra people from a convention group staying in the hotel, but not much you can do about that.
Very close proximity to downtown Power and Light district and immediately across from Bartle Hall Convention Center.
Overall, very satisfied with our stay at the Aladdin--would definitely recommend.

• Liked — Beautiful building!
  • Disliked — Lack of professionalism by front desk/ restauant staff
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Plymouth, WI
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2008

Stayed early June 2008. Boutique hotel is wonderful, from the beautifully decorated lobby and rooms to the very helpful and friendly staff. Justin at the front desk, Jack at the Bellman desk to Sabrina in housekeeping, all were just great. Perfect downtown location near the new Power & Light district, which is a 2 - 3 block area of shops, restaurants, music venues, etc. MAX bus system very close by, very inexpensive to get around town. Rooms very comfortable and quiet. Great city to explore.

• Liked — Friendly staff
  • Disliked — None
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple