“Great service in this wonderfully renovated hotel”

Holiday Inn Aladdin
Ranked #44 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
Reviewed May 24, 2011

My family stayed just one night in this hotel, but we were so impressed with the service, cleanliness and location. The Aladdin has been completely renovated (beautifully, i might add). From the moment we entered the hotel, from the doorman to the housekeepers, the staff was friendly, polite and helpful. The desk staff made us feel so welcome, and everyone worked hard to make sure our stay went well. We were not expecting such a luxurious hotel for the price we payed!

The rooms are compact, but the layout is so intelligent that we didn't feel crowded. The double headed shower was a revelation---I didn't want to get out! Nice fluffy towels and a a spotlessly clean bathroom are what I hope for and often don't get. The Aladdin delivered on both counts. I usually lie in a bed and think about whether or not it is comfortable, but I fell asleep before I could do that--the Aladdin's bed's are very comfortable.

The location was just what we were hoping for--close to the Power and Light District, and other downtown locations. The doorman was able to direct us to Cosentinos, a market just a few blocks away, where we were able to get breakfast, coffee, snacks and shop for some barbeque sauce to take home. Entertainment venues were all around us, and an art festival was taking place in the Power and Light District.

I would highly recommend this special hotel to anyone who is looking for a weekend stay, who wants to be close to the action downtown.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
jtimmons, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Aladdin, responded to this reviewResponded May 25, 2011

Dear weirich5,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a nice review of the Aladdin. It was great to hear you enjoyed your stay here at the Aladdin. The Aladdin takes great pride in our staffs ability to offer Great Guest Service to all our guest. I will be sure your review get read at our next staff meeting so everyone can take pride in a job well done. Please know you are always welcome back at the Aladdin and do not hesitate to contact us if you need reservations or have questions about your next stay.

Again, thank you very much!!

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Aladdin

Reviewed May 8, 2011

I just returned from the Holiday Inn Aladdin and I had a blast all weekend. I traveled with 3 co-workers that were ages 23-28. The hotel is located within walking distance of the Power & Light District. There is a Starbucks right around the corner ***Major Plus!! The location and value is the reason I picked this hotel.

After looking at the hotel's website the hotel did seem a bit smaller in person but the place is very nice. The actual pictures on tripadvisor is exactly what you get. We arrived at about 10:30 pm on a Friday night and I read about being greeted with champagne. We weren't offered any but it was late and It didn't bother me.

Food/Service -We went to the Martini Bar Friday night and met Barney, the bartender- and he was GREAT!! Thanks again for the amazing white russian. We returned to the bar Saturday night and Ashley was awesome too. Overall, the staff is really nice. I didn't have any problems. The people at the front desk were all nice and anytime we asked for directions they were always very helpful.

Food - We also went to the Zebra Room for breakfast. We had the buffet and it was very good. The price for the buffet was about $12 per person- which was a little high but we enjoyed it. **** I HIGHLY recommend going to restaurants.com and printing off coupons for the Zebra Room and the Martini Lounge. I got two- $25 gift cards for each place and only paid $2 for each one!! The restaurant website always has sales and I got 80% off a $25 gift card that was already on sale.

Parking - We paid $15 per day for valet parking and it was well worth it. The valet guys were very nice and fast. I think I tipped them twice about $3-$5. If you don't pay for valet then I believe you can park at the garage right across the street for $12 (but you have to pay each time you enter/exit- so if you leave a couple of times a day then paying $15 for valet is well worth it).

Rooms - The rooms are nicely decorated. Our room was a bit smaller than I expected but it was nice for 4 girls for the weekend. We were on the 6th floor and the view wasn't that great so I suggest asking for a higher room. The elevators are very fast. We hardly ever waited more than a minute.

Location - This place is in the heart of the party area known as the Power & Light District. We walked there a couple of times and it only took about 5-7 minutes. We drove to the Plaza one day to shop (which I highly recommend) and it was about a 10-15 minute drive. There was a lot of road construction when we went but we managed just fine.

Cons - The only thing that I think people may complain about are the beds & the noise. My first impression of my bed was - WHOA that is super hard but I slept fine and my back actually felt good each day so I really have no complaints on the bed but be prepared because they are FIRM. If your room is next to loud people then you will probably hear everything. We didn't hear much noise but we talked to others that weren't so lucky and were next to people who they heard all night talking.

Overall- This place is great and the staff is very friendly and helpful. There were people there of all ages so I would recommend this place to just about anyone.

If you are thinking about going then Go~~~~> We all had a BLAST!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
jtimmons, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Aladdin, responded to this reviewResponded May 11, 2011

Dear Heather5586,

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay at the Aladdin. It is great to hear you enjoyed your stay and our staff. We work hard to make sure our guests are taken care of. Your comments should prove valuable to other travelers planning a trip to KC. Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on TripAdvisor. We look forward to seeing you again at the Aladdin Hotel!!!

Aladdin Hotel and Day Spa

Reviewed April 10, 2011

I was so excited to find out that i had reservations at the hotel. The decor is pretty however there was bad customer service and hard beds. When I checked in I wasn't greeted by the lady. We didnt get champagne. However the next day i saw other guests get some. I booked through hotwire and i felt like i had committed a crime by doing so. Valet parking service is good. Room was right by elevator and you could hear ppl at all times of the night. Dont believe the hype about this place. Remember looks can be deceiving.

• Stayed: April 2011
2  Thank shamekila
jtimmons, Manager at Holiday Inn Aladdin, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2011

Dear TripAdvisor Member,

After reading you review of the Aladdin, I was discouraged to hear we did not live up to your expectations. We do offer champagne check-in to all our guests. I am sorry that you did not receive your complimentary glass. If you would like to try us again, please contact me directly and I will do everything I can to ensure your next stay lives up to your expectations.

Aladdin Holiday Inn

Reviewed March 29, 2011

Stayed at the Aladdin for a weekend in March and loved it. We wanted to try something different and unique versus a run of the mill Marriott-type. The Aladdin has a cool, trendy vibe mixed with the feeling of an old historical building. We had a large corner room which was very clean, and a spotless bathroom. The martini lounge is a nice added bonus to have some after dinner drinks. We spent most of our time at the Power & Light district, and the Aladdin is a 5 minute walk from it. (The Drunken Fish restaurant in the Power & Light was AWESOME! Great sushi and specialty drinks). We will definitely be back to the Aladdin next time we are in Kansas City.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LongBeachLove
jtimmons, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Aladdin, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2011

Dear newy0rkcitygirl,

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at the Aladdin. I was pleased to hear you enjoyed your "very clean" room, the decor, our location and the Martini Loft. We appreciate your feedback on the Power & Light district, along with your experience at the Drunken Fish restaurant. This is a brand new restaurant that will have its grand opening April 1st. Its good to hear they have already got happy customers even before they "officially" open!! Please know you are alway welcome at the Aladdin and we look for to providing you with a unique place to stay in Kansas City!

Reviewed February 28, 2011

We were in town for a concert at the sprint center and this hotel had the perfect location for the party district and a short walk to the sprint center. During our stay we have great service from the bartenders to the front desk. The champaine upon check in was fun! Definatly will stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
jtimmons, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Aladdin, responded to this reviewResponded March 2, 2011

Dear jjmac123,

Thank you for the nice comments on your recent stay at the Aladdin Hotel. I was glad to hear you received great service from our bar staff and front desk. As well, I was happy to hear you had a good time at the concert and that you found our location to be user friendly. Come back and see us! The champagne is chilled and waiting!

Reviewed January 26, 2011

Stayed 5 nights during a conference. Only a couple of minutes walk to the conference centre and 5 minutes to the Power & Light entertainment / restaurant precinct. Very centrally located

Hotel was good - clean, functional rooms. Staff friendly. If I were going to attend a conference again in Kansas City, I'd stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
jtimmons, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Aladdin, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2011

Dear Sydney,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Aladdin Hotel on Tripadvisor. I was happy to hear that our central location to the Convention Center and the Power and Light district worked out for you during your conference. Please know you are always welcome at the Aladdin and we look forward to seeing you again!

Aladdin Hotel

Reviewed January 25, 2011

Wintertime is a slow time for most hotels, therefore it is the BEST time to get GREAT RATES!!! Our experience was significantly improved by contacting Jim, the Guest Services Manager of the Aladdin, before we visited the hotel. Jim hooked us up with a great corner room, very modern and updated, with an excellent view of the surrounding Marriot Hotel's lit up wall, the snow covered park withlights on the trees and a location which is walking distance to any downtown entertainment or cuisine - any time of the day! We werealso one block from the Cosentinos market, where we stocked up on snacks for the weekend, which helped us on our budget!
The service was awesome! The front desk poured up champagne upon our arrival and checked us in quickly and efficiently. The tiny elevators added a touch of old charm and lifted us up to our room.
The corner room is a must-have here and although the furniture and bed were updated, the bath tub needed a little resurfacing and the heater was pretty loud when it kicked on. I also slept a little funky, maybe it was the pillow, or maybe it was the concert I attended, but I woke up with a kink in my neck. Hmm? For thses reasons, I gave the hotel lower marks. However, I truly enjoyed the stay overall. I never did get a chance to try the restaurant, although I hear great things!
The parking was decent, I actually found off street parking two out of the three days I stayed, which also helped with my budget.
I would definitely stay here again! The rates are TOO GOOD TO PASS UP for such a unique KC beauty. Lots of history and cool secret hallways to check out, a fancy ballroom up top and charm to win anyone over.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with friends

Dear mspanda318,

I am so glad we could hook you up with your "staycation" at the Aladdin! I did want to let you know that we have started resurfacing our tubs and bathrooms and hope to have all rooms completed by March. Your account of the stay was excellent and really painted a picture for someone not familiar with the Aladdin. Please know you are always welcome at the Aladdin and we would love to see you again!

Aladdin Hotel