“Nice Place to Stay”

Holiday Inn Kansas City Airport
Ranked #36 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
Reviewed March 16, 2012

Free wi-fi. On site restaurant. Near the airport. Near shopping and entertainment. Connected to an Expo Center. I stayed here with my team when we were in town for a baton twirling competition. The rooms had nice modern clean decor, the bathroom was spacious and clean. A few exits up the highway (exit 8) are restaurants, shopping, walmart, movie theatre, etc. etc. I believe it is the Zona Rosa shopping district and it's really nice. I ran out to a grocery store at about 10 o'clock pm and hit up Wally-world because I needed to buy a CD for one of our performances the next morning. The indoor pool was average in size, not too large but the girls had a good time. We stayed the first weekend in March. There is a restaurant on site and they should give you 2 vouchers per room at check in so you can eat for free. Or I do believe with every paid adult entree 4 children can eat free. This child eats free offer does not apply if you are taking advantage of a group rate. You may want to ask when booking for clarification. It is remote but there are a couple of gas stations on the corner and as aforementioned, a few exits up the highway and you will find pretty much anything you need in terms of shopping, food, etc.

Room Tip: One of the rooms had a microwave and fridge in it and the others in our group did not but they all c...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank mvparker

Reviewed March 12, 2012

Stayed for a weekend in October. Great location if you are going to the airport....pretty remote if you are doing anything in the city or Kansas. It is very clean and new and the breakfast was exceptional.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Ketchtwenty2
Reviewed February 29, 2012

Overall, this is a very nice hotel. I was pleasantly surprised to find a fridge in my room, as I was unaware of this amenity from the hotel webpage. I had some steak soup down in the restaurant, and although it was tasty, it was killer salty! The waiter was busy, but very organized, & efficient.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed February 26, 2012

It's cozy place to stay. No nearby restaurant to eat so we opted to eat in their KEM's cafe, eventhough with kinda pricy menu... Get the full rack ribs, as looking at the picture as good.However, when the food came in... "IT was overcooked... the waitress recognize our faces as we are not satisfied" yet with 4 hours drive we are so hungry, that we have to eat.
The waitress came and ask ask... "What you think for the ribs", I answered, well, its overcooked, but because im hungry i have to eat...and she asked the manager not to bill us... and "Great we have free dinner... Thanks!

Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed January 29, 2012

I have used the Holiday inn at KCI for Park and Fly several times. I have always been impressed with the friendliness of the employess, the cleanliness of the hotel, the prompt service for all requests, and now I want to add the quality of the food. I ordered room service on my most recent stay and had one of the best sirloin steaks I have ever had; seasoned perfectly and cooked to order. I highly recommed this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed January 12, 2012

What an unexpected pleasure for my stay at the Airport Holiday Inn in KC! Normally I tend to avoid the restaurants in these locations as they aren't very good with service, food, or drink. All of the above were great as well as the wait staff; especially Pat! So be sure to go in the evenings and ask for him! Try the Tall Grass beer that is on tap as well! It is an excellent dark beer! Food was good and Pat was always there at our service.

Staff at the hotel was great as well. I needed a shuttle to get over to the Zona Rosa Mall to do a little shopping, (replace a shirt), and they said to just let them know when I needed to go a few minutes before and it would be no problem getting me there. They didn't act like it was a hassle and were happy to do it.

The catering company they used for our two day conference being held in the adjacent conference center attached to the motel was excellent as well. The food there was great and service was impeccable!! They didn't let trash or dirty plates or silverware sit on any table for any length of time and let you know that they were there to serve you and allow you to more focus on the purpose for being at the conference! Great job in hiring these folks Holiday Inn!!

Great place to stay and I'd highly recommend it! They definitely know what they are doing!

Room Tip: I prefer far away from the elevator and ice machine on the highest floor. There was a bit of an iss...
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Jerry M
Reviewed December 13, 2011

the hotel is relatively new but has gone down hill recently. the walls are dinged and some areas of the carpet are already worn out (could use a few shampoos). the restaurant staff, however, is fabulous. They are able to accomodate every request!! The front desk staff is alright, they seem more interested in their personal work when I check in at night. The last 2 times I swear they have their friends over and are giving them free food from the restaurant. Overall it is a nice hotel and very close to the airport!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business