“Excellent Stay, would and have stayed again when in the area”

Courtyard Kansas City Country Club Plaza
Ranked #21 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
Reviewed June 11, 2014

Having recently stayed at the Courtyard, my second time, I must say it is a very nice hotel and I'd highly recommend it to anyone considering it.
Yes I was on business, but I have a choice of where to stay. I was here a few months ago and liked it enough to return when the need arrived.
Rooms are sweet! Extra pillows, quiet and comfortable. Front lobby & free parking excellent. I loved the front porch area, as it was beautiful outside and an excellent way to unwind after a day of work. A cold beer and watching the world go by! There is a Beautiful park right across the street -- excellent for a morning exercise routine!

And while I didn't deal with the front desk staff other than to check in / out, I must give special mention to Corey in the breakfast area. My entire group, six of us, would come for breakfast each morning and Corey was always a smiling face, quick witted and with fantastic service. He almost was intuitive to our needs by the second day!
My entire group was impressed enough by Corey, that is the primary reason for my review of the Courtyard -- to see that Corey gets some of the recognition he deserves.

I hope to be back again soon.

Room Tip: Anything facing the park gives you a great view. Say hi to Corey in the breakfast area
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business

Reviewed June 9, 2014

Cannot say enough good things about this hotel, best restful "girl's shopping & dining out" weekend ever! Hotel was first class charming all the way. The room was quietly luxurious, beds were perfect for sleeping in late every morning. Toiletries were nice, variety of fresh towels from thick to thin, whichever you preferred, also a perfect assortment of pillows on the beds. Only thing I would add to troom is a lighted, magnifying wall-mounted make-up mirror in the bathroom for us older gals who need a little help applying our eye make-up and inserting contact lenses. Stayed in room 508. Cannot wait to return, this hotel made the entire 3 night 4 days weekend stay perfect. The entire staff was genuinely friendly and helpful. Did not get to use the pool, the only day we planned pool time it rained, but I am certain it would have been great. Breakfast buffet was nicely priced, good variety,delicious and so convenient.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that faces the park area, if possible. We didn't spend much time looking out the...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Ladyonthebeach
Reviewed June 5, 2014

kudos to Marriott for helping to preserve this historic apartment building, including the original dairy delivery pass through closets with glass door knobs. this historic building is just quirky enough to make your stay a little more than a run of the mill hotel stay. my room was located on the corner of the 2nd floor and consisted of a 2 room suite with bedroom and living rooms. it had a lot of windows and natural light facing the park in front of the building. it was very well appointed, clean and very comfortable. the air circulation was a bit loud but helped muffle any traffic noise that may have existed. the entry and lobby area is like walking into a private club or resort with lots of common area and seating. gym and pool are nice but small. one small space in the lobby doubles as bar by night and starbucks coffee by morning but it seemed adequate given the large lobby area and proximity to other restaurant bars. great location just a short walk from the main shopping and restaurants on the plaza.

Room Tip: corner room offered lots of space and light
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank steve t
Reviewed June 2, 2014

When reserving, I thought this was a bit pricey, however I can tell you after our stay that it was worth every cent! The service provided by EVERY employee was off the charts! The free shuttle to the plaza was great and very quick. You felt like every employee was there to make your stay outstanding and that is exactly what they did!
Our room was very clean and updated. We had forgotten a tooth brush and called and they sent one up right away and then called to make sure it had been delivered.
We paid a little extra to have the breakfast included and so happy we did. Again service was great and the food was awesome!
Honestly, have never been so impressed by a hotel!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed May 31, 2014 via mobile

My room here is very nice, large enough for me, very clean and a great staff. They offer breakfast here, but I'd suggest eating at one of the great places to eat around here. Parking us cheap, $5.00 per day. There is a nice park across the street and tons of nice shops and restaurants very close by. I'll be back here.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Daniel H
Reviewed May 29, 2014 via mobile

I have many options when traveling for business in Kansas City, but always come back here. The hotel itself is, I think a classy old apartment building. The location is perfect if you want to take advantage of the shopping, restaurants, and nightlife afforded by the Country Club Plaza or Westport area (which is totally walkable). The staff is awesome, they serve Starbucks, and have a nice small bar area. The only complaint I have is that the ironing boards are great if you are 12. Very short and not big enough to effectively iron adult clothes. But you know what... This is more than outweighed by the great location and impeccable service. Highly recommended!

Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed May 29, 2014

First of all, the hotel is located two blocks from the Country Club Plaza with lots of restaurants and shops, several blocks from the Kemper Museum and one block from the Modern Art Museum. It's a far better option than being in downtown KC with the streets torn up! The Marriott lived up to its reputation with top notch service and care. This hotel is an older property but was very well maintained and I enjoyed the room which was spacious and well kept. The only area I would work on is the restaurant. Breakfast was good, lunch buffet was mediocre and room service was overpriced. We did enjoy our week stay there and thank the staff for providing excellent service!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business