“Marriott/Courtyard in K.C. MO”

Courtyard Kansas City Country Club Plaza
Ranked #20 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
Reviewed October 16, 2013

Stayed at the Courtyard this past weekend (Columbus Day) and was thrilled with the experience. We were visiting our son, a recent college graduate who is working in K.C. We stayed in the downtown Marriott when he moved and it was a very good experience also, except when we got "locked in" to the parking lot (for which we had to pay). At the Courtyard, the parking is free. It is located in the Country Club Plaza district and is close to wonderful stores, restaurants, etc. A late dessert at Cafe ala Mode is a must. We witnessed the fire on water show in the creek a few blocks away. Opera, jazz, fire dancers... well done!!!! We left after brunch on Sunday at Lidia's near Union Station. What an experience that was! The best brunch I've ever had.
I do wish the indoor hot tub was working, though.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank ThomasEiermann
There are newer reviews for Courtyard Kansas City Country Club Plaza

Reviewed October 15, 2013

Loved the entire experience at Courtyard. The bed was incredibly comfortable, and the room was cozy. The amenities were great, with free WiFi and parking! Although there isn't a buffet option, there is Starbucks cafe in the lobby that more than suited our needs. I really enjoyed that the property was just off the beaten track of the Plaza as parking and traffic isn't directly affecting the hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank ultraviolet56
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Based on a previous experience, when business took me back to Kansas City in summer 2013, I opted to stay once again at the Courtyard on the Plaza.

The property has much more character than your typical Courtyard due to being in an old building. The hallways were in good condition. My room was also in good condition. I had a spacious working area, small sitting area, and comfortable bed. The bathroom, while relatively small, had a nice look.

The hotel's location is great--you are right on the Country Club Plaza, with tons of shopping and dining within walking distance of the hotel.

I did not have a great service experience at this property. I had a very late arrival. It was difficult to find a parking space at the hotel. The doors to the hotel were locked upon arrival--for safety, I assume. When I called using the buzzer to check-in, the clerk sort of grunted. Check-in was brisk and not very welcoming. In the morning, when I checked-out, the hotel explained that their billing system was not working and that they would have to e-mail me a receipt. I dutifully wrote down my e-mail address, etc., and I was never sent a receipt for my stay. So, thumbs-down on the service.

Still, in sum, the room rate was good for the area and the hotel offered nice accommodations.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 10, 2013 via mobile

This hotel was very nice. Quiet, very clean, great location. Nicely decorated. I had a king size bed, room was spacious and designed well. It had a desk, couch, table, plenty of storage. Lots of things to see and do on the Plaza. Would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Melissa H
Reviewed September 28, 2013

This is a great renovation of an older building on KC's Country Club Plaza. Standard Courtyard service and Marriott hospitality. Very close to shopping and restaurants.

Free parking included.

Excellent location!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank James M
Reviewed September 28, 2013

I picked this due to TA reviews, location (wanted to be on the Plaza) and price.
We are Gold Level Marriott members, so we were given an upgraded room...it was nice enough & the bathtub was great for soaking, beds & linens were great but the view (not that we were in the room all that much) was non-existent.

We left early for our 7-hour drive but I really miss the chance to enjoy a complimentary breakfast at Courtyards (they are offered at less expensive properties like Fairfield & are often just fine).
Parking lot had some spots that were covered, which was nice since it was raining a lot when we were there. No valet that I could determine; but, that's ok.

We had such a good time at the restaurant at the Raphael, that I wish we had stayed there...great view of the Plaza from the Raphael.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 27, 2013

Usually stay at the Raphael while in Kansas City, but it was booked up last weekend. Didn't realize the Plaza Art Fair was going on. We were happy we ended up at the Courtyard! We actually found it more convenient to access the Plaza from the north side. Flat screen TV was viewable from the sofa or the bed. Larger room and larger bathroom than the Raphael and the fridge was a big plus. Breakfast buffet was fine and at $10 including beverages it was price appropriate. Free parking behind the hotel was much more convenient than Raphael, too. Found our new KC place to stay. No bar with music like the Raphael, but plenty of choices to visit elsewhere.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple