“A Classy Hotel”

Hilton President Kansas City
Ranked #12 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed November 15, 2013

Overall the hotel is excellent. Service, comfort of room and overall environment is high standard. The only shortcoming was the room itself was kind of plain and did not have a fridge or microwave. For such a fancy hotel I expected a little more old world class in the room.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
philipstrnad, General Manager at Hilton President Kansas City, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2013

Thank you for the very thoughtful review of our hotel. I am so pleased you enjoyed our hotel and noted the classiness of the facility.
We certainly hope to see you again in the future!

Reviewed November 13, 2013

The staff went out of their way to insure a pleasant visit and the accommodations were beyond my expectations. great location for activities in the downtown area. I will make this my first choice when in town.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
philipstrnad, General Manager at Hilton President Kansas City, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2013

Thank you for that quick excellent review of your visit to our hotel. I am pleased you found everything to your satisfaction. We hope to see you again in the future!

Reviewed November 12, 2013

First let me say I am a 45 year old oncology nurse and mother of 2! I have stayed all over the world and I have NEVER had security show up at my door! We literally returned after a PINK concert and had been in our room for 5 min, please keep in we are four ADULT WOMEN all over the age of 35, when a security guard who wore way to much cologne and had no identification showing, approached our room and said if he had to come again we would be removed from the hotel! Really???? Granted I do not have an inside voice, however I was not yelling or raising my voice either!And please keepin mind it was 11 pm! I guess if you don't mind paying 249.00 plus 20 for valet and taxes and cannot even have a pleasant experience then this is the places for you! And to the manager who wants to respond to this post, I encourage you to call me as I called the front desk and was told there is no manager on duty!

• Stayed: November 2013
philipstrnad, General Manager at Hilton President Kansas City, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2013

Thanks for taking the time to write a review of your visit to our hotel. As your room generated multiple noise complaints from other guests, we have the obligation to inform you as such. I am sorry you feel we did not handle this in way you felt appropriate. Sometimes that kind of news is difficult to deliver to a guest, but in this case it was certainly a situation we had to act upon. We pride ourselves on providing a nice quiet stay for every guest. The security officer was simply doing his job in trying to provide a nice quiet stay for all or our guests.

Reviewed November 12, 2013 via mobile

Classy, not stuffy. Fantastic amenities. Solid breakfast. Close to some great eats (I'm thinking of a number between (800 & 802). Sprint Center is 2 blocks away. Mezzanine level rooms are close to the action. My room was literally right off the beaten path and quiet as could be.

Stayed: November 2013

Thanks for the wonderful review. It was great to hear how nice and quiet your room was, even though it was near the center of the action! We look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Reviewed November 11, 2013

I was here for pleasure but, I am sure whether for biz or pleasure your stay would be good. It was right in the Power and Light district which has dining, drinks, entertainment. No need for a cab while staying here !

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
philipstrnad, General Manager at Hilton President Kansas City, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2013

Thanks for the wonderful review. As you pointed out the location can't be beat. I am pleased you enjoyed the stay. Please look us up again in the future!

Reviewed November 9, 2013

Newly refurbished and very nice, old fashioned hotel in downtown. Staff is exceedingly friendly. Drum Room bar is very nice and Sinatra once sang here. Full breakfast was a nice way to start the day especially with made to order omelets.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thanks for the quick, flattering review. Yes, Presidents have been know to stop here!
We certainly look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Reviewed November 5, 2013

I have nothing bad to say about my recent stay at the Hilton President. Check in/out was a breeze, staff was courteous and friendly, rooms were nice and beds were super comfy. The breakfast buffet (which was included in our rate) was delicious and much more than your typical continental breakfast. We stayed here for a weekend of fun and a Chiefs game. Location was good. Easy walking distance (1 block) to the nearby power and light district which seemed like a great place to party for 30 somethings. The front desk also gave us a bunch of complimentary passes for some of the nearby bars. Would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends

Thanks so much for the kind review. We are so pleased you found everything to your liking!
The hotel is the perfect location for a Chiefs game, Power and Light District outing, and so many other occasions.
We are the only hotel in the Power and Light District, and the closest hotel to the Sprint Center, and it appears you took advantage of the location. Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you again in the future!