“A wonderful experience!!!”

Value Place Kansas City South
Kansas City, Missouri
“A wonderful experience!!!”
Reviewed January 15, 2014

Your pleasant experience here starts as soon as you call. The first person I spoke to out of their wonderful staff is Pete. He is so friendly and caring as are the rest of the staff always greeting their residents, handling things in a timely manor, and keeping their hotel clean. As soon as I called they let me know they have been remodeled, let me know their rates and saved me money. I was given a tour of the hotel by Lisa. Very sweet, she also let me know all the rules and helpful information for my stay here. I feel comfortable calling them with any additional questions, they are never rude. The room is wonderful. clean full fridge everything wiped down and shining, flat screen TV and comfortable bed. The studio has just enough space for my boyfriend and I. The location is great, it's quite and I feel safe. I used to live around this area so you have a lot of things close by. Stay at this location people you will love it!!!! We do :)

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Heather L, Guest Relations Manager at Value Place Kansas City South, responded to this review, January 29, 2014
Thank you for your feedback! We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope that you will consider Value Place the next time you find yourself in need of a place to stay.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed January 14, 2014

The Value Place at 11301 Colorado Avenue, is super clean.

The staff is professional, respectful and willing to go the extra mile.

Since the new Manager Peter Cooper has been there I;ve seen additional cosmetic improvements inside and out.

The atmospere is family friendly, however you will still enjoy the stay if you're solo.

Thank you.

Juanita

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Juanita L
Thank you for your feedback! We always appreciate it when our guests take the time to post a review. We are very pleased that you have enjoyed your stay with us. We hope that you will think of Value Place if you ever find yourself in need of a place to stay.
Missouri
Reviewed September 14, 2013

The rooms have all been remodeled and they are very nice, new flooring (no more carpet), longer beds, brand new, 32" inch TVs. The staff was all very friendly and the prices were affordable to fit my needs. Would recommend.

Room Tip: Don't be afraid to ask the staff about your preferences, they really are very friendly.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank anonymous191Missouri
Heather L, Guest Relations Manager at Value Place Kansas City South, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. We really appreciate all feedback we receive from guests. We are very please that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you again soon.
Loxahatchee, Florida
Reviewed May 13, 2013

DON"T STAY!!!! I was awaken by a roaming RAT rummaging through the cabinets and eating my food. When I called the maintenance emergency line at 5 am.. he was quite annoyed for the wake up call and said this is not an emergency to wait till 9am when the manager comes in. REALLY???? There was an apology from the manager promptly at 9am - along with a "I was aware of this problem but thought it was taken care of" excuse. One would think the three days I stayed would have been returned to me as I had to pack immediately and sleep in my truck in the parking lot this last day, as no one was around to handle this situation. Totally disgusted!!! As I am an out of town worker, this place will never be recommend to any of my co workers, nor will I ever stay at a Value Place again.... They did not handle this situation appropriately.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
5 Thank Blackhogdown1
Thank you for the feedback. I apologize that you had this experience in our hotel. We pride ourselves on being the best experience for our guests. Please know that we take your feedback very seriously. Steps have been taken to ensure nothing like this happens again. We sincerely hope that you will choose to stay with us again.
Perth, Australia
Reviewed April 23, 2012

Pros: none

Cons: smelt like stale cigarettes, reminded me of a dreary hospital, staff are rude and unfriendly, no wifi, there's nothing close by especially in the way of food so definitely don't stay here if you don't have a car, they didn't have any kitchen packs so not only was there no food close by, I couldn't even cook anything (they didn't even have a toaster so I couldn't make something as simple as toast), it was tidy but the stains on the chairs and the old carpet made it look and feel dirty. I was supposed to stay a week but I stay less than a day, requested a refund and got a room at another hotel down the road.

Overall: It is cheap but it is really nasty. Don't recommend it at all.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank casham27
Willis, Michigan
Reviewed February 22, 2012

My boyfriend was transferred to the Kansas City area for work. We got on the computer to find him an extended stay hotel for his first couple of weeks, and found one very near to his place of work. Upon check in, we realized this was not the place for him. Many of his co-workers suggested Value Place for him to relocate to, so he decided to give it a try. I came to town to help him find an apartment, and stayed with him at Value Place. I found it to be a clean facility, and would stay here again. The room had a kitchenette with a full size fridge and plenty of cabinet space for storage. The rooms are all non smoking as is the whole building, so none of the stinky smoke smell. I would recommend Value Place to family and friends. The only negatives would be no WiFi ( you have to hook up to interenet with a cable), and they could use curtains over the blinds in the rooms.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank AprilB6
Colorado
Reviewed July 24, 2009

Signing in to this hotel was a nightmare. A $100 deposit is actually taken from your credit card at check in. Then, you get to fill out a 3 pages contract, and take a 30 item checklist to your room, where you need to count towels, washcloths, pillows, hangers, etc., then bring the completed checklist back to the front desk. When you finally get to stay in your room, you notice the odor that lingers not just in the room, but the hallways and the elevator, as well. The worst is the stairways, which carry a very definate smell of puke. Nasty. The beds are not comfortable at all. The walls are so thin in this place that you can actually hear the people in the next room snore and do their toileting (not pleasant at 3 am... or anytime, really). NOT a value... ya, there's a fridge, microwave and stovetop, but if you need things like dishes, utensils, cooking items like pots... NOT included. You have to RENT them at an additional cost. Not even a coffepot in the room unless you pay the rental fee for it. If you use the one roll of toilet paper during your stay, you need to replenish that yourself. I tried to use my laptop there, but was told they didn't have wireless access for the customers (just for the hotel management itself). I could, however, rent an ethernet connection for the week. I psid the $10 to do that, but it never actually worked. I had to go a mile away to Panera Bread to use their wireless everyday (whichm btw, IS free, and very hospitable). What irritated me the very most was being scolded like a small child by one of the desk people. I was staying on the 2nd floor, and went down to the 1st floor to ask my boss, who was also staying there, a question about the schedule for the next day. I stood outside his door for, very literally, 2 minutes when this woman came up to me and berated me... "We CANNOT have you people just congregating out here in the hallways like this!" I was the only one in the hallway... can 1 person be a congregation? lol. Anyhow - this place stunk, had all kinds of weird people hanging outside of it constantly, and was definately no bargain of any kind. Oh yeah... and I have to wait 7-8 business days to get my $100 deposit back.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
Courtyard Kansas City South
Courtyard Kansas City South
#50 of 109 in Kansas City
Days Inn & Suites Kansas City South

Been to Value Place Kansas City South? Share your experiences!