“A great Value for a great mexican meal”

Rudy's Tenampa Taqueria
Ranked #202 of 1,422 Restaurants in Kansas City
Cuisines: Mexican
Overland Park, Kansas
“A great Value for a great mexican meal”
Reviewed June 9, 2014

The best bean burritos, cheese and onion enchiladas in town. My favorites are their Margarita and chips with hot sauce. Meal pricing is better than take out restaurants. Setting is very informal and cozy and service is very personal. My favorite mexican restaurant for the last 15 years.

• Visited May 2014

Midwest, USA
“A wonderful surprise!!”
Reviewed May 11, 2014

Went there for lunch on a weekday. If you cannot find parking on Westport Rd in front of the restaurant, there is plenty of parking behind the building w/ also a convenient entrance in the back. Staff are very attentive. Service fast. Nice variety of lunch specials. Best one we got was the cheese and onion enchilada + beef enchilada + rice. The taste was great! They actually put enough cheese on the enchiladas. They offer to bring you chips and salsa- I asked how much it cost and it was only $1.25. Just know up front that it isn't free in case this matters to you. It was definitely worth it. We had wanted to order some cheese dip, but it came w/ peppers and etc in it and asked if It was spicy they honestly answered "yes." Too bad there wasn't a milder option, so we couldn't order any cheese dip. I also did not see any desserts on the menu. The lunch prices were fine. I would return again.

• Visited May 2014
Topeka, Kansas
“It was okay...not the bomb.”
Reviewed December 9, 2013

I went there with my girlfriends for my birthday on Saturday night after I read all the wonderful reviews about Rudy's. The salsa was really good and we mixed it with the habanero. The guacamole wasn't the chunky kind...it was just okay. the chips were thin and so they break everytime you try to get a dip from the guacamole. I had menudo and my husband makes real awesome menudo so I would have to say I've had better. I had one margarita...so so again. I think I've had Mexican food at other places that beat Rudy's...sorry.

• Visited December 2013
Kansas City, Missouri
“Disappointed!”
Reviewed September 7, 2013

We've always liked Rudy's. I called in a take out order Saturday afternoon to pick up in 15 mins. Got there on time. Got home and it was cold, dry no sauce... It was awful. We threw it out and wasted $30. The El Mexicano was dry and cold no juices or sauce. The cheese and onion enchilada had large chunks of onion instead of appropriate cut onion and almost raw and not much sauce (dried) and cold. The normally hot tacos were greasy and cold along with the fideo which was hot but very greasy. Packaging was different (doesn't hold in the moisture). I doubt we'll go back again. It's too bad.. We know Rudy and have always enjoyed the restaurant in the past. What happened to the quality? Que Pasa?

• Visited September 2013
Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin
“Excellent choice for excellent Mexican food”
Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

We stopped in right at lunch time and although they were busy our waiter was very efficient and helpful. The fish and shrimp tacos were a real good choice as well as the chicken taco salad. The chips served before lunch were especially good , thin and crispy, with yummy salsa. Will return when we are back in KC again.

• Visited August 2013