“Fun little place for a burger open 24X7”

Town Topic Inc Sandwich Shops
Ranked #110 of 1,415 Restaurants in Kansas City
Cuisines: American, Fast Food
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Newton, Massachusetts
“Fun little place for a burger open 24X7”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

This hole in the wall has maybe 10 seats at a counter. The burger was very good but watching late breakfast eatters i would say that was the meal to have!

Visited October 2013

“Good Old fashion diner.”
Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

Good food, friendship service, friendly locals, drinks to go no extra charge. Good burger with grilled Onions. Nice fries. 3 locations. I like the one on Broadway. It has little Booths as well as stools. Do it.

1 Thank Critic53
Rochester
“A charming bit of nostalgia & good burgers to boot”
Reviewed September 18, 2013

I came across Town-Topic late one night on my first trip to Kansas City. They were closed, but I couldn't resist photographing it from the outside. I returned the next day for lunch and ordered a couple cheeseburgers. The waitress asked if I wanted onions, and I said that I would. Since I was sitting at the counter, I was able to watch how my burgers with onions were made:
1) The cook places a handful of ground beef on the flat top grill
2) He puts a handful of onion slices on top of the ground beef
3) He mashes it all into a patty
4) The onions and the beef cook together like a meatloaf
Feeling a bit too much like the tourist I was, I felt a bit too self-conscious to ask permission to photograph the interior. Maybe on my next trip, because I will certainly return to Town-Topic whenever I visit Kansas City.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank Jason W
Denver, Colorado
“Enjoyable staff and customers in a quaint setting”
Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

I was tired of hotel food while at a conference in KSMO and searched for a neighborhood spot. Our hotel staff suggested Town Topic as we also wanted to walk to the restaurant. There are only 10-12 stools in the place so the servers can easily monitor coffee and quickly take care of whatever you need. It's in the Crossroads Art District so if you're at the convention center check it out. - it's just down the hill about 7 or 8 blocks.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank ParkhillDad
Harrison
“great atmosphere and good food.”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

old time burger joint. great service and food. Sitting at the counter you can watch your food being prepared and it is very quick.

Visited August 2013