“Quick Pizza or Calzone, for a right price.”

U-Gene's Deli & Pizza
Ranked #276 of 1,518 Restaurants in Kansas City
Reviewed April 27, 2017

I was pleasantly surprised. I didn't want to go anywhere so I decided to grab something quick and I wasn't sure that gas station food would be that good but this little Italian, deli restaurant was quite nice. I ordered a Calzone with a lot of extra toppings, it was made fresh and it was hot when I got it. Also it was full of toppings they charge extra for each topping but its worth what they charge. I would return if I stayed at the nearby hotel again....particularly since it is about the only restaurant close by for quick food.

Reviewed April 11, 2017

Good sandwiches / Pizza, etc
Easy access from both Highway as well as 112th Street.
Gas station attached for one stop shopping.

Reviewed March 10, 2017 via mobile

I ordered a calzone which was like none I have ever had before. This was the first time I have ever had a calzone in which the sauce was baked inside. The interior of the calzone was a little doughy, but It had good flavor and the toppings were ample. The service was good and the staff was friendly.

I would recommend

Reviewed December 26, 2016

The pizza was good and inexpensive - until you added toppings. A $10 pizza turned into a nearly $20 pizza by adding a couple of toppings.

Reviewed December 17, 2016

I have picked up at UGenes several times and have always enjoyed the meals that I have had. Good Sandwiches and pizza.