“Pricey”

Gates Bar-B-Q
Ranked #241 of 1,438 Restaurants in Kansas City
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed September 24, 2012

We took our 14 year old son to try Gates. We ordered 3 mixed plates and drinks. Expensive for the three of us Over $80 for BBQ. My guys liked everything, I could have used a knife to cut away some of the fat from the beef. The sauce is great, we buy it at the store all the time. Probably split a mixed plate with husband next time.

Reviewed September 7, 2012

Meat is nothing to write home about. Sauce is just so so. Not the best BBQ in KC. Go to Smokehouse instead.

Reviewed August 16, 2012

The Bar-B-Que ribs was very good, had baked beans and french fries with the meal. To me it was a little expensive though.

Reviewed August 12, 2012

I have always loved this place! From the first moment when you walk in the door and hear the familiar "Hi! May I help you?" as the amazing smells of sweet, spicy BBQ sauce swirl around you, to the strawberry soda and warm BBQ sauce that I can't wait to dip my Combo and a Half sandwich and french fries in!

I live in Ecuador now, so when I go back to the US, I always buy an extra bottle of their BBQ sauce to take back with me.

Try Gates BBQ and you'll start making this place a family tradition every time you're in KC area too!

Reviewed July 23, 2012

On our way home from Colorado, we stoppd at Gates in Indepence, Mo., outside Kansas City. Don't.
The food was Inedible, the service shabby and the decor old and disgusting. We left our charred burned ends and a chicken he size of a quail. Gates is a poor entry in the World of barbecue
Way overprice and no table service. Yuck!