“Overated (If you're in to that type of thing)”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Fric & Frac

Fric & Frac
Ranked #358 of 1,406 Restaurants in Kansas City
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Kansas City, Missouri
“Overated (If you're in to that type of thing)”
Reviewed December 14, 2013 via mobile

I've stopped in through out the last few years meeting up with friends always getting lousy service and greasy, tasteless, overpriced food. Even curly fries take 20 minutes in their 4ft kitchen.
Never my first or 10th place to find booze and snacks, this staff is way to cool for school.
The servers and bartenders are rude and un-attentive. The last straw was when they mouthed off to my Grandma at our family dinner when she asked about salad ingredients.
If you don't plan on tipping then this is the place for you. Most regulars here are near homelessness, are horrible conversation and will expect you to buy them drinks.
Always make sure you get correct change back when paying cash, more than once I've had to do the math for them -another reason I don't like going.
There are a lot of good places to hang out on 39th Street, for me Fric & Frac is not one of them.

Bonita Springs, Florida
“We are SO LUCKY to have such a Gem of a Neighborhood Bar.”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Fric & Frac is the kind of place that out-of-towners should visit to get an idea of what our neighborhood is all about. It's the definition of local. It showcases our diversity. The food is always good and interesting, not your usual bar fare. It's beyond affordable. The wait staff are seasoned bar folks who know what they're doing and they all do it in their own way. The place is awesome. I love sitting in the windows on sunny days. I love that I can bring my kids. I love that weather permitting I can sit outside. I love that they were open on our snow days last winter and that we were able to traipse down in our full snow gear and then stop in there for lunch and drinks. Really great days! Fric and Frac Rocks!

• Visited August 2013
Kansas City, Missouri
“Good Spot to Drink Beer & Watch People”
Reviewed October 18, 2013

Had a Greek Salad and others had the gyro and portabello sandwich. All were good as were the onion rings. A good neighborhood spot to quietly drink beer and watch the clientele either come into Fric & Frac or pass by on the sidewalk. Very friendly waiters/waitresses.

• Visited October 2013
“Tasty neighborhood spot”
Reviewed September 10, 2013 via mobile

I had always seen Fric & Frac but never knew what it was. We ended up visiting to try a new burger spot in Kansas City.

I ordered the "redneck" burger and continued to think of it the rest of the night! It was really good! The fries weren't really anything special and the onion rings weren't bad but not my favorite either.

I had a very delicious chai tea cocktail too.

We went on a Saturday night so it was pretty busy but we didn't have to wait for a table. The service was so/so, nice but infrequent server, probably due to the crowd.

Overall, I really enjoyed Fric & Frac! I will definitely return for their burgers!

• Visited September 2013
“Neighborhood hangout”
Reviewed June 5, 2013

This is a cool little neighborhood hangout. When the weather is warm enough, the locals are planted at the patio drinking beer. They have a popular taco special on Saturdays. We order asset of tacos at 3 for $2.85 along with "the works" for $5.95 which comes with a tray of nacho cheese sauce, sour cream, salsa, jalapeños and a huge basket of tortilla chips. There is enough on the tray for four people to share. They have nightly food specials, a pool table, full bar and free wifi. Great place for people watching.

• Visited May 2013