“Jardines is Now Closed”

Add it.
Jardine's Restaurant
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Reviewed January 9, 2013

Jardines was a mainstay live jazz with dinner club for many years, but is now -- sadly -- closed. We've seen some great live music there, the food was good (if not great), but it's gone for now.

Reviewed May 14, 2012

We have really enjoyed each and every visit to Jardine's. We love the small intimate setting, great food, and wonderful musical acts. The last time we went there was an older black man who put the mic on the floor and tap danced! He was amazing, we felt like we went back in time!

Reviewed October 4, 2011

I went with a collegue to this establishmet, there was absolutely no one there (7pm), they asked if we had reservations, and after a quick laugh , we said no. We looked at the menu, they were "out" of 4 items on the menu.... not good (there are only 7-8 listed). At 8pm, again, no one was in the place but us, the band was setting up (starts at 8pm), they came around and asked for a cover...lol, we left and did not order... not impressed at all. We actually ate at Classic Cup and it was great!

Reviewed August 29, 2011

My husband and I, along with two friends. went to Jardine's to see Marilyn Maye. The venue is small, very intimate. We were very close to the people at the next table which came in handy later in the evening. Our waiter was very attentive. There is a limited selection of food, but each of us really enjoyed our selections which included the grouper, catfish, chicken friend steak, and house salad with chicken. The entree prices ranged from $16-24 dollars. Our drink prices were $8-9 each, but were made well (Manhattan and martini). They have a nice selection of appetizers and small plates that are also on the menu.

Marilyn Maye was fantastic. Her voice is still fabulous. She poked a little fun at her age and her history, and interacted with the crowd. But most of all, she sang some great old hits (and a few new ones) for over an hour. It was bliss!

Only glitch was when the bill came. It was when Marilyn was still singing, and because the lights were dimmed, no one could see their bill! Luckily, the lady at the next table had a small pen light. I would imagine getting the bill this early only happens during the early show, as they need to turn the tables quickly before the second show.

Everyone in our group really enjoyed the evening and would definitely return....especially if and when Marilyn Maye returns to KC.

Reviewed August 5, 2011

I was looking for a place to take a friend of mine from Florida that is a jazz musician. I'm glad I chose this place. The evening that we arrived Ida McBeth was performing. She was fantastic and well worth going back to hear.

We had some of the appetizers and really enjoyed the roasted garlic bruschetta and the artichoke dip. Being a night club I wasn't expecting much but I was pleasantly surprised at how tasty everything was. Having said that it is a bit pricey as far as the drinks are concerned but don't let that sway you from not going.

One thing I will recommend is that you show up early so that you can get a choice seat. Those seats would be near the front. Unfortunately we were sitting in back along the major traffic way used by the wait staff. It was a bit annoying considering how intimate the venue is.

Overall the service was pretty good. The talent was fabulous. I will be going back in the future.