“A Moveable Feast”

KC Barbecue Tours
Ranked #2 of 13 Food & Drink in Kansas City
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Calling all Carnivores! Hop on and let us take you to the BBQ. KC is famous for its barbecue and now you can find out why. Never mind stopping at just 1 restaurant, hit 3-4 in less than 4 hours. Our tours visit some of Kansas City's big name barbecue restaurants and hidden gem barbecue joints. Our tours not only include sampling various barbecue meats & side dishes, but also provide historical Kansas City sight seeing. Come hungry!
Useful Information: Stroller parking, Food available for purchase
Glastonbury, CT
“A Moveable Feast”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

For this out-of-towner attending a convention, the KC Barbeque Tour proved to be the most memorable and savory part of the entire trip, and I only found it by accident via a flyer in the lobby of my hotel. For four hours on an absolutely idyllic spring day we were taken to four different BBQ joints, the institutional Arthur Bryant's and Gates, and the lesser known LC's and the Woodyard, by Karl and Bethanie Schemel. Karl did the driving (in a 16-person van) and Bethanie did most of the talking, not only about the history of BBQ in Kansas City, but all the local landmarks Karl arranged to pass en route. It was all-you can-eat (so come hungry) but at a leisurely enough pace that your stomach had time to regroup before the next "course" featuring more of KC's most endearing contribution to American culinary culture. Had I been left to my own devices, I would have eaten at just one place and that would have been the extent of my introduction to barbeque, KC style. But Karl and Bethanie made a real educational experience of it and a truly moveable feast. My fellow convention attendees were jealous when they heard how I had spent my day -- and rightly so.

1 Thank Mike B

MIssouri, USA
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Best day of fun and food in Kansas City”
Reviewed June 3, 2013

I took the tour on Saturday with my best friend, husband, and two teenage daughters. It was a great adventure! We visit KC often and thought we knew Kansas City Bar B Q, but the tour operators introduced us to one place we'd never hear of and another that was on our radar, but just hadn't been able to get to. The variety of restaurants was perfect, as well as the food. I won't tell you where we stopped because I think part of the fun is being surprised! But I will say we made an additional stop at a bottling plant to try even more sauces and got a chance to buy some very unique sauces to take home with us. This was an experience perfect for all ages.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank familytravelerMO
“KC BBQ Tour”
Reviewed June 1, 2013

Excellent tour I highly recommend, well worth the price. Four hour tour include some famous an some out of the way BBQ places along with a ride through KC and commentary on the city and it's history. Lots of food but well timed so you have enough time to digest before the next stop. It was some of the best BBQ I have ever had. Tour guides were friendly and knowledgeable. Bus ride was pleasant with Jazz Music playing when the guide was not talking, but a little bumpy. A must do if you love BBQ.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank smuss
Kansas City, Missouri
“KC Barbecue Tour”
Reviewed May 25, 2013

Awesome! Totally worth the money spent and more! Great locations, Carl and Bethany really know BBQ, Kansas City and Jazz! What a great combination and interest for everyone! We live in Kansas City and will be back with friends from out of town, and just for ourselves! What a great day and filling! Thank you!!!!!

1 Thank Susanne B
Orange County, CA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Don't eat breakfast before this tour.”
Reviewed May 25, 2013

Awesome way to check out some of the best barbecue places in KC. Bring your appetite and don't eat anything before the tour. You may even want to skip dinner the night before.

1 Thank rsasupra