“Authentic Food with a Smile!”

Clark's American Caribbean Restaurant
Cuisines: American, Caribbean
Reviewed May 24, 2013

Firstly, our host made our day simply by smiling and welcoming us to the restaurant. There are so many authentic Caribbean choices on the menu that made it hard to choose. My husband and I decided on 5 regular (you could also choose Jumbo) Jerk Chicken Wings for an appetizer, and for our entrees we shared between us - Goat Curry & Cuban Roasted Pork. The 2 entrees came with fried sweet plantains, rice and beans & pickled carrot and cabbage. Everything was amazing, we ate everything on our plates. We both particularly liked the Cuban Roasted Pork as the pork was really tender and had a very yummy savory sauce that worked really well with the rice and beans. I've had goat before, but this was my best experience as it was flavorful and very tender.
I would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone & everyone, as the food is delightful, the host was wonderful and it's also an inexpensive treat.

Reviewed November 22, 2011

I am not very familiar with this style of cuisine but we had a very good experience here. This appeared to be a very traditional place (a lot of goat on the menu!). All the staff were male, we were the only women present, and the only non-ethnic and/or non-Muslim diners as well (I know enough to know a Hindu restaurant would be vegetarian). Judging from just those things, I would say this was an authentic Pakistani/ North Indian restaurant.

We had the buffet and there was plenty to choose from. Particularly loved the "butter chicken", samosas, and the potatoes served in a tangy yoghurt and herb sauce. When fresh flatbread came out of the oven, it was delivered straight to our table, not just put on the buffet. The service justified any good things you may have heard about Muslim hospitality; we were very well cared for.
Unfortunately I don't remember the names of many of the dishes we tried and I lost the carry-out menu I grabbed. If it matters to you, this place advertises that they are halal.

Ironicaly, there wasn't a kebab in sight, though they are on the menu.
(There is condiment served at this place that is unique and the absolute LOUDEST flavor I have ever tasted, citrusy and spicy too. Have no idea what it's called, but it is something to experience. Unwarned, I spooned enough in my mouth to feel like the top of my head was lifting off - it was amazing!)