“regarding Simone, hotel staffing”
Review of The Fontaine

The Fontaine
Ranked #3 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
Reviewed August 6, 2014

We enjoyed our stay in this contemporary hotel, found the service of Simone during breakfast exemplary. She's quite an asset, very gracious and warm of personality, definitely went above and beyond in serving those of us in the room at the time. I hope she's due a raise!

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mary m
Write a ReviewReviews (1,182)

Reviewed August 5, 2014

I was in Kansas City on business and my trip was off to a bad start. Right before boarding the plane to KC I started feeling sick. The staff was so nice and helpful. They even continued to ask how I was during my stay. The hotel shuttle took me to the drug store twice and to the office one morning because it was snowing. There was a lovely little complimentary breakfast every morning. The room was modern, clean and cozy. The location was great, as it was close to my office and to the main shopping area of the city. My only complaint was on the room service food. That could use some improvement. Other than that, it was a great stay! Highly recommended hotel!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed August 5, 2014

Stayed 1 night during mid-June. Hotel is pretty and modern. Bar and restaurant are nice, cocktail service slow. My husband and I sat inside at a table across from the bar. A server & what looked like a manager stood in the corner observing the crowd and talking. We were never approached and ended up going to the bar to get a drink. The room was clean and comfortable with the bathroom being almost bigger than the bedroom itself. Modern decor, nothing outstanding though. Staff seems very young. And the pool? Thin and long, looks like you could maybe get two people in at the same time to swim laps. This surprised me because I heard the pool was "incredible".

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jen K
Reviewed August 4, 2014

The hotel is on the west side of the plaza off the beaten path a block or two. Which might be good for some and not for others. The hotel is decorated in a white and black contemporary stark cool tones motif, which I guess is all the rage now. I'm not against a few warm tones every now and again, but what do I know. I live in Kansas.
The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. Some of The of the bell hops a little to helpful. All I carried in was an over night bag with my bottle of wine, 2 wine glasses ,a spare pair of underwear, and a tooth brush. 'I can handle it men'. They were just trying to help, and I know that. Don't try and get between me and my bottle of wine :)
We got there a half hour after check in, and they didn't have a king room clean yet. They said they would upgrade us to a 'deluxe double' which was suppose to be bigger, at no charge. We accepted. If we got a larger room, I'd hate to see the smaller king. But what do I know, I live in Kansas.
The front desk people, breakfast staff, and housekeeping people were all very 'aiming to please' friendly people.
The room was clean and well maintained. The bathroom had one of the cool 'it's raining' type of shower heads. We haven't had the privilege of using one of those before. But I do live in , well you know where by now.
Overall a nice hotel. A little pricey, but we don't do it very often. So it was good. Thank you Hotel Sorella and staff.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 31, 2014

Terrible experience, front desk was cordial.

Management is a joke, zero customer service from night supervisor to upper management. Should have had our room comped the first night.

Night supervisor (marcus) needs to be demoted to a front desk assistant as he cannot handle the pressure and the tasks.

His boss (a woman) also needs to find a new industry to work in as she doesn't take the time to return a call as she says about an issue with our stay. She completely ignored the request to speak to her boss and told me I could email him. After I refused that she asked if she or her supervisor could call us back. Well neither took the time to return the call.

Overall I would not recommend this hotel to anyone visiting the Kansas City area.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
9  Thank John S
Reviewed July 30, 2014

I just spent two days at the hotel with my mother and we found it excellent, the rooms there are clean and well organized, with wonderful beds, the rooftop restaurant of the hotel has a lovely view and the food served is very good, where we had breakfast the atmosphere is unlike any other, in a very charming and well decorated room with comfortable sofas and overlooking the garden, has several options of fruits and other foods for breakfast and of course everything is very well organized. but this is not the major advantage of the hotel, the best difference is that there seems we are at home, because the people who work there do everything to please you, all you need just ask them that they will do for you , and they are very friendly. I can say all of that only spending just two days in the hotel because I am a tourist from Brazil, and me and my mother brought money in a different currency, because we would exchange the money in United States, but in Kansas don't have a place where we can exchange money, and the only way of exchanging money was having a bank account, and then my mother and I were very distressed because we had no more dollar bill, and we needed to exchange our money, then Mona Brummett (one of the employees of the hotel) volunteered to go in bank where she has an account and exchange money for us, she took us to the bank with her own car and changed the amount we needed, we were so relieved! We did not know what would become of us without her help, because I was going to a camp by myself that same day and mother needed to give me a amount of money so I could stay there, and without Mona we'd be totally lost!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Rafaela M
Reviewed July 29, 2014

Mona- the front desk manager made our whole trip memorable! She was awesome- excellent customer service from Mona! She listened to our needs and accommodated us in every way!

The bar on the 7th floor was a lot of fun! Friday's seem to be more busy than the rest of the week.

Pastries at breakfast were excellent!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends