“The service of the hotel staff”
Review of The Fontaine

The Fontaine
Ranked #3 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
Reviewed July 30, 2014

I just spent two days at the hotel with my mother and we found it excellent, the rooms there are clean and well organized, with wonderful beds, the rooftop restaurant of the hotel has a lovely view and the food served is very good, where we had breakfast the atmosphere is unlike any other, in a very charming and well decorated room with comfortable sofas and overlooking the garden, has several options of fruits and other foods for breakfast and of course everything is very well organized. but this is not the major advantage of the hotel, the best difference is that there seems we are at home, because the people who work there do everything to please you, all you need just ask them that they will do for you , and they are very friendly. I can say all of that only spending just two days in the hotel because I am a tourist from Brazil, and me and my mother brought money in a different currency, because we would exchange the money in United States, but in Kansas don't have a place where we can exchange money, and the only way of exchanging money was having a bank account, and then my mother and I were very distressed because we had no more dollar bill, and we needed to exchange our money, then Mona Brummett (one of the employees of the hotel) volunteered to go in bank where she has an account and exchange money for us, she took us to the bank with her own car and changed the amount we needed, we were so relieved! We did not know what would become of us without her help, because I was going to a camp by myself that same day and mother needed to give me a amount of money so I could stay there, and without Mona we'd be totally lost!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Rafaela M
There are newer reviews for The Fontaine

Reviewed July 29, 2014

Mona- the front desk manager made our whole trip memorable! She was awesome- excellent customer service from Mona! She listened to our needs and accommodated us in every way!

The bar on the 7th floor was a lot of fun! Friday's seem to be more busy than the rest of the week.

Pastries at breakfast were excellent!

1  Thank Huskermutant
Reviewed July 28, 2014

We love The Hotel Sorella! the hotel staff is excellent, accomodating and very welcoming in this chic boutique hotel. The Rosso restaurant is on the 7th floor, offering fabulous dishes and nice views. The rooms are quite nice, quiet with wonderful bedding and comfy beds. We've stayed at the Hotel Sorella several times and will return!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank KansasPinky
Reviewed July 28, 2014

I stayed over the weekend and what I found was a mixed bag.

Amenity wise, it is a very nice hotel with a lot to offer. I guess you would call it “trendy” – it was certainly more posh than what I was expecting. The room was big, cleaner than most hotels, the bed was very comfortable, and the bathroom was phenomenal (huge shower). The pool area (although small and with limited seating) is really nice. A continental breakfast was offered, which was a plus. At this price point, it's pretty much what you'd expect.

On the flip side of that…the customer service is friendly, but really pretty average; it was far less than what I would expect for the price point. In general, the staff did not seem to follow through with what they told us they'd do (without being prompted/asked). For example, at checkout we were assured a cab would be called - it wasn't. The staff was apologetic, but not very helpful about the "miscommunication" (their word of choice). Ultimately, the cab was 30 minutes later than planned. I realize that’s the extreme – but expect the same response when asking for a bill from the restaurant or bar; it’s going to take a while and you may need to remind them.

In reading other reviews this seems to be the common consensus. I think it was a one-and-done hotel for me.

As a side note - the location was nice, but I did not realize how far it was from the downtown area – if your event is downtown, it’s not your best choice if you do not have a car.

3  Thank BV_TR
Reviewed July 28, 2014

The Hotel Sorella is a great addition to the Country Club Plaza area of KC. The service from Valet, Bellman and front desk was quick, courteous and efficient. The décor of the lobby, hallways and rooms is upscale and modern. The bed was very good and the linens are excellent. We really enjoyed the bar/restaurant. The food and service were great. The bar is a gathering spot and a little noisy, but you were not really aware of that in the restaurant even though they are roughly connected. The acoustics are managed really pretty well. I would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 27, 2014

Lovely small hotel set in Country Club Plaza. It's the location you want to be in. Lots of restaurants and shopping in the area. Best of all was the staff of the hotel. Tia the manager couldn't do enough for us. She was great. The shuttle that was provided had the friendliest, nicest drivers......especially Lance,Dave, Benny and Austin. The front desk person, Sam, always happy to help. I would definitely recommend it! Also, the breakfasts were complimentary with a staff so pleasant and helpful!

Reviewed July 27, 2014

The hotel staff was excellent. They went above and beyond to accommodate The hotel manager Tia White could not do enough for us. All the staff, Lance, Austin, Benny, Dave and Sam were very accommodating to satisfy all of our needs. The ladies that took care of us at breakfast were also very hospitable. They were sweet and made sure we had plenty to eat.

The courtesy SUV was a wonderful feature of the hotel. The drivers were informative about the places to see. They dropped us off at the museums, restaurants, shopping areas that we should see and picked us up.

We could not of had a nicer experience. I would highly recommend the Hotel Sorella.

The hotel is beautiful. Rooms very clean and nice. Nice size bathroom with a large shower.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends