“"Italian Delight" Gladstone, MO”
Review of Giovanni's Deli

Giovanni's Deli
Ranked #299 of 1,438 Restaurants in Kansas City
Cuisines: Delicatessen, Italian
Reviewed August 9, 2013

Wonderful Deli and Restaurant. If you happen into this clean and unassuming Deli you will be so pleasantly surprised.

The Italian Club & Meatball sandwich's were great. Great dinning inside and they have to-go.

This is a must stop if you are North of the River

1  Thank Franny P

Reviewed July 26, 2013

We eat here all the time, yes we have had their meatball sandwich, very tasty, their Ruben sandwich, wonderful and a few other items, but the best thing they offer is their Lasagna. Its the cheesiest most flavorful lasagna North of the River. I believe Giovanni's Lasagna will stand up to any ones in flavor and gooey deliciousness. Warning, some nights they get pretty crowded, so be prepared to possibly share a table with others.

Reviewed March 9, 2012

they have the best spaghetti north of the river... small little place to eat.. top quality food

Reviewed November 6, 2011

I love this place! Order at the counter or drive thru. Food is always excellent. Quick, friendly service. The chicken parmesan sandwich is amazing. I could eat it every day!

Reviewed June 2, 2010

I know that most people would probably go over to Tommy's, not a fan myself, overpriced and below average food and service. Anyways, I've only been to Giovanni's once (so far), but it was pretty tasty for the price and the portions were reasonable. Since it's a deli you order at the counter, it's an assortment of hot and cold sandwiches mostly, a lot of Italian-American fare. They also have spaghetti and lasagna, judging by my Italian Steak sandwich those are probably going to be pretty good. My fiance had the chicken Parmesan sandwich, it was fresh and hot covered with a decent marinara and provolone cheese on a hoagie roll. The atmosphere is kind of simple, just some tables and hard surfaced booths. Seems like a family place, the guy that took our order, I'm pretty sure was the owner, with his brother and maybe his daughter or niece working there as well. I would like to go back and try some different menu items, maybe some of the cold sandwiches. I have the view that Kansas City really doesn't have very good Italian restaurants or deli's not compared to places like St. Louis, Chicago, or New York. So for K.C., and especially the Northland this was alright. If your in the area and not sure what to try or looking for a value and a quick meal, I recommend it.