“Below average”
Review of 12 Baltimore - CLOSED

12 Baltimore
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Tavernonna Italian Kitchen showcases the work of five-time James Beard-nominated Chef Michael Kornick of DMK Restaurants. Breakfast, lunch and dinner menus feature exquisite versions of classic dishes that celebrate Italy’s rich culinary history. Enjoy pristine ingredients from the finest local purveyors in Kansas City in a casual elegant dining room.
Kansas City, Missouri, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Below average”
Reviewed January 28, 2013

To be fair, we went to 12 Baltimore during restaurant week and they were packed. We made a reservation for 6 and when we arrived we waited 5 minutes to be seated. The server was nice, but she was very busy. We waited almost 30 minutes for the appetizers but they were quite good. Our main course was average at best. Two of the people in our party ordered ravioli and it was terrible. It honestly tasted like it was a step above the canned stuff but not much more. The rest of the main dishes were fine but not great. We requested the deserts right after we got the main course (knowing how long the appetizers took, we thought we better order desert) and our server seemed annoyed. When our desert arrived it was good, but the pastry paper was still stuck to the carrot cake. I would not chose this restaurant again.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Brandice T

Tulsa, Oklahoma
“Just drinks”
Reviewed December 18, 2012

We LOVE this bar. We didn't eat there this time but just had drinks. The girls that work here and just awesome!!! Friendly and helped me choose a nice wine. Will definitely go back!

New York City, New York
“Surprisingly delicious”
Reviewed December 13, 2012

I have been seriously underwhelmed by dining in Kansas City. I do not eat BBQ and this is the only good restaurant I have encountered, thus far. The food was good, with decent prices and a nice ambiance. By far and away the best restaurant I have experience in KC since traveling to the area for over a year.

Greenfield, Missouri
“Great food”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

The food was fabulous. The service a bit slow and the seating was uncomfortable, but no real complaint on the restaurant itself.

Belton, Texas
“Good Food, over salted though”
Reviewed November 19, 2012

I watch my salt intake and so I am very aware of salty foods. The chips, fries, tots and beer soup are way too salty. They didn't have whipped cream for "hot chocolate" which by the way was milk and hershey's syrup. Kind of low class for a nice classy hotel.

Visited November 2012