“Hipster Asian”

Ranked #79 of 1,489 Restaurants in Kansas City
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed January 2, 2014

This is an unusual place in a neighborhood in transition but certainly worth a visit if in the area and craving dumplings. It is best described as a hipster hangout with an eccentric cast of wait staff to match. Service may not be the most attentive but the Asian diner with traditional and unusual items is a most welcome change from the typical Chinese restaurant.

Reviewed December 28, 2013 via mobile

Blue Koi has always been one of my favorite restaurants. But today the service was unbearably slow
And when our food finally arrived, it was cold and tasteless. Sad to see such a mainstay fall from grace. There are a lot of other choices that deliver the kind of food and service you have come to expect. I probably won't go back.

Reviewed November 29, 2013

Admittedly, the dumplings and noodles fit into the comfort food category for me, but the food and setting make this among my favorites in KC. My personal favorite is the pot roast and noodles, which has just enough spice to add flavor to the tender and well-prepared meat. Add a nice glass of wine or a pineapple upside down cake-flavored cocktail to take the edge off a bad day--or celebrate. It's a nice place when you're in a hurry during a lunch break or for more relaxed dining. It's location in KC's "Food Bowl" is an added plus.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

I am not nog on Asian cuisine at all but we were walking I'm the old westport area where there is a ton of restaurants along the way. We stop in this very quaint place where they are smiling as they greet you at the door. You are seated and they quickly take your order. We had some type of lettuce wrap with a spicy meat and it was fantastic. Not too spicy or over powering. The lettuce they gave was huge and very fresh. Every thing we tried that they recommended was great with large portions for a small price. We will be back to try more as I am excited about this place. And location with all the food and shops in walking distance is so much fun. You'll thank me for this one.

Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

It's a cute little place with fantastic food!!! We had some appetizers and drinks so maybe that's why I brought so much of my main entree home? Not sure but the portions seemed fair and everything I had was delicious!!! Loved it!!