Milano Italian Dining
Reserve with OpenTable
Milano Italian Dining is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #639 of 1,450 Restaurants in Kansas City
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Private Dining, Reservations
Description: Milano offers a wide variety of Italian cuisine including homemade pasta, pizza, fish, chicken, and steak selections. Milano also has daily lunch and dinner specials that are sure to delight your taste buds. E njoy cocktails at the recently renovated Milano bar featuring trendy lighting and modern decor. With daily drink and signature appetizer specials Monday through Saturday from 4:30p.M. Until 6:30p.M. And all day on Sunday, you are sure to find a favorite at Kansas City's newest hot spot. You can also meet your friends and colleagues at the Milano bar to catch the game on the two 48" flat screen TV's.
Reviewed March 25, 2013

My rating of 4 is for the great happy hour specials - $3 Miller Lite pints and really cheap appetizers. My mom and I shared three appetizers and each had two beers and it ended up being less than $25! I can't speak for the pasta's or any of the main menu items, but the appetizers were pretty good. Service was slow and really not too great. Our first waitress told us we couldn't have happy hour specials in the restaurant, so we moved to the bar and she didn't quickly pushed us out of her section. The bar server was pretty slow and not very attentive, however it really didn't matter as long as my beer was full - wasn't on a schedule. I had friends who wanted to eat there and they couldn't get waited on even to be seated. I don't know if they were understaffed or not prepared for NCAA March Madness weekend or what. We had the sausage pizza appetizer, goat cheese/marinara appetizer, and the calamari appetizer. All were pretty good - not top notch but decent.

Reviewed March 23, 2013

We had tickets to American Heartland Theatre so this was a great location. The host got lost taking us to the table..and that was just the beginning. When we had waited 15 minutes for a server it became funny. The water guy had been by twice and refilled our glasses... we were hungry and were now depending on him for nourishment. We saw three waitresses arguing...over who had to take our table. The loser of the argument finally came and asked us if we needed a menu. We thought that was a good idea as the host had not left one with us. There's so much more..but suffice to say we had to leave to get to the show on time and we were a little sad. We had laughed all evening at how truly poor the service and food had been. It was just my wife and I dressed in very nice theatre attire.... which made the experience more funny to us. But, thanks for the laughs!

brensgri, General Manager at Milano Italian Dining, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2013

I'm so very sorry we failed you and that we were unable to meet even basic expectations when dining at Milano Italian Dining. This is certainly not the standard of service anyone should expect. I take your comments seriously and promise immediate action will be taken to eliminate the issues that you mentioned. My staff and I are dedicated to improving the quality of service and food that all of our guests come to expect and sincerely appreciate your feedback.

Brent Grider
Restaurant General Manager

Reviewed March 13, 2013

We wanted to eat somewhere in the vicinity but we didn't want fast-food so we chose Milano. I had seen an advertisement online prior to going in so I knew that the prices were going to be on the high side. In hindsight, they wouldn't have been terrible prices had the portions been bigger and/or if you were offered a side to go along with the entree. The service was excellent in that our waitress kept up with our drinks, but the host and the waitress were very snobbish to the point that I almost didn't feel welcome there. The bread that they offer you is okay... nothing fancy or great. I ordered the Margherita pizza which is made in the brick oven... it was good, but a little bland and the crust was a little dark for my tastes. My mom ordered the spaghetti and meatballs as did my 8 year old nephew. The prices on the kid's menu were great and his portion of spaghetti was perfect for him. If you choose to eat here, just be prepared to pay $14 for a small portion of spaghetti and two golf-ball sized meatballs!

Reviewed March 13, 2013

Nice atmosphere. Good and professional wait staff. Goos selection of menu items. I would definitely eat there again.

Reviewed March 3, 2013

We visited crown center a few weeks ago and stopped by to check out the menu here. We were pleasantly suprised that they have a lunch buffet on Saturday. The pizza was very fresh. It's thin crust and crispy. The ingredients ranged from the usual sausage and pepperoni to some unique choices with aritchokes and broccoli. There is also a pasta station with seveal ingredients the chef mixes with your choice of pasta and there is a choice of alfredo or marinara sauce. I had a crab(immitation) alfredo and my husband had chicken alfredo. Both very good. The salads were fresh as well. We will visit again.