“There are better options”

Milano Italian Dining
Reserve with OpenTable
Milano Italian Dining is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #637 of 1,451 Restaurants in Kansas City
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Private Dining, Reservations
Description: Milano offers a wide variety of Italian cuisine including homemade pasta, pizza, fish, chicken, and steak selections. Milano also has daily lunch and dinner specials that are sure to delight your taste buds. E njoy cocktails at the recently renovated Milano bar featuring trendy lighting and modern decor. With daily drink and signature appetizer specials Monday through Saturday from 4:30p.M. Until 6:30p.M. And all day on Sunday, you are sure to find a favorite at Kansas City's newest hot spot. You can also meet your friends and colleagues at the Milano bar to catch the game on the two 48" flat screen TV's.
Reviewed December 18, 2012

Milano is located within Crown Center, so it’s in a great location. Close to shopping, the aquarium, Lego Land, etc. The restaurant offers a neat glass pavilion to sit in while dining. My husband and I could see the ice skating terrace from our table, which was nice. The pavilion felt a tad run down, though, and the food wasn’t anything special. I ordered the risotto with scallops for lunch. My husband ordered the lasagna. The atmosphere and food definitely didn’t warrant the price tag. Milano does offer a lunch buffet that might be a better option and value, especially for people who work nearby.

Our waiter was also kind of odd. He brought our food at a good pace and refilled our drinks, but he often sounded patronizing when I think he was just attempting to sound “fancy”. It just didn’t work and we didn’t care for our experience at Milano.

1  Thank DelightfulTravlin
brensgri, General Manager at Milano Italian Dining, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2012

I’m very sorry that we were unable to meet your expectations when dining at Milano. I take your comments seriously and promise immediate action will be taken to eliminate the issues that you mentioned. My staff and I are dedicated to improving the quality of service and food that all of our guests come to expect and sincerely appreciate your feedback.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

Nice salads, delicious bread, hot pizza, and tasty pasta cooked to order. If you want a nice lunch at Crown Center, but are pressed for time, the buffet is a good option. Service was efficient, but you do have to stand at the pasta bar to wait for your food to be cooked.

Reviewed November 30, 2012

I was there for a business lunch. Great open atmosphere with the glass all around. Excellent service and the pizza buffet was super.

Reviewed November 27, 2012

Milanos is a great resturant with great service. The happy hour is our favorite with great food and drink with a very attentive staff.

Reviewed November 15, 2012

Feels as if attached to the Westin but can be accessed from the mall itself. Lunch buffet has several varieties of pizza, salad and a made to order pasta