“A Cream/Basil Sauce Not to be Missed”
Review of Figlio Italian Restaurant - CLOSED

Figlio Italian Restaurant
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: J.C Nichols
Reviewed December 14, 2012

If you find yourself shopping/touring the plaza in Kansas City, it would be worth you while to make a stop at Figlio.

The ambiance is not offensive, however the service and menu are notable. I can vouch for the "Eggplant Parmasean Stack", and especially the pasta side with the cream/basil sauce. I'm writing this review two weeks after dining at Figlios and still thinking about that sauce.

Reviewed December 6, 2012

My wife and I had dinner at Figlio's last night. Our first visit in 10 years. Nothing has changed. The food is still good, the service is good and if you loved the 80's you will love the wine list. The pasta was still good and price is great. Easy parking and views of the Plaza makes this a worthy visit.

Morris and Marilyn
Omaha Ne

Reviewed October 29, 2012

Slipped in for an early dinner after an afternoon of errands and some shopping on the plaza. Wine selection was perfect. Dinner items were a bit pricey, but to be expected considering the plaza location. Not exceptional but and overall very good experience.

Reviewed September 30, 2012

My wife joined me on a business trip to Kansas City. A year ago, at this time, we were headed to Northern Italy so on this trip we were focusing on Italian food. We ate at several in the area and Figlio's really stood out as the best. We were there for a late lunch and the restaurant was pretty quiet. We sat outside and enjoyed the view of the park and fountain.

The service was very good and we were not rushed. The wine list was excellent and reasonably priced.

The food did not disappoint. It took us back to Florence, Tuscany, and Rome. Leslie had eggplant and I had pork. Both were excellent. Our pasta was fresh and cooked to perfection. She loved her marinara sauce and my pesto was also very good.

For dessert Leslie opted for a second glass of wine and I went for the tiramisu. Oh my gosh. You've got to try it!

Great spot, clean and classy. Wonderful service and really great food!!

Reviewed September 22, 2012

We stopped by late afternoon for drinks with friends. Staff was available, but no one acknowledged we were there. After asking if they were open, we were waved to the balcony for seating. Other people were there, and the table we were given was very dirty. The waiter "cleaned" it, but we still had to ask for beverage napkins due to his hit-and-miss attempt. I wish we could go back; the view from the balcony was great, but this place needs to get some people who care about their customers.