“Disappointed. ”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 7, 2014 via mobile

I was not impressed with the service and did not enjoy the food. Salad was drenched with dressing, the steak and asparagus were both overcooked. We won't be returning anytime soon.

LongHornSteakhouse, Guest Relations Manager at LongHorn Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2014

Hi Mamclem- It is disappointing to learn you left unimpressed. We can understand your frustration in receiving a less than perfect entrée. Please accept our apologies that our team failed to properly prepare your steak and asparagus while dining with us. We will be immediately addressing this with our team, as we know that we can do better. Please email us at longhornsocial@longhornsteakhouse.com when you have a free opportunity. We are disheartened to hear you are contemplating not returning and would really like to make things right for you.

Reviewed June 19, 2014

My grandfather raised purebred Angus. I know a good steak when I put it in my mouth. This was my friend's choice for a restaurant. She just loves the place and wanted to share it with me. So, I followed her lead when ordering. First of all, the service was extraordinary. Perfectly done. Just the right amount of attention--not too much, not too little. I wasn't as impressed with that strange watermelon salad as I might have been, but I'm glad I didn't fill up on it. We got a baked sweet potato for a side. Really delicious. Bread delicious---only complaint was that it should've been cut through better or a knife left on the table. Then, the steak. I always order medium. That's exactly what I want and I'll send it back if it's too done, or, for that matter, if it's not warm all the way through. This filet was cooked exactly right. Exactly. An excellent piece of meat done just right. How else can I say it? Even the desserts were excellent. I've already looked to see if they have this chain in Texas. Could only find one---in Waco. That's only a couple of hours down the road for me and right on the way to one son's house. I may darken their door, one of these days. The only strange thing about it: people in the know know that Longhorns are a really tough breed of cattle. I can guarantee you that we didn't get Longhorn steaks at the Longhorn Steakhouse and that's a good thing.

Reviewed October 29, 2013

When on my own. Visiting on business from the UK.
Great T. bone & glass of red.
Fast efficient and tasty.
Would I return. Yes definitely.

Reviewed August 21, 2013

Man, I guess my family are foodies that requires flavorful food, because I've given this restaurant 3 tries in 3 different locations and each time we were extremely disappointed. I guess for the average "American palate" it would taste special, but I can honestly say that the food is bland with a taste of saltiness and that's about it! I don't think that they even use seasoning salt! You can do that if the beef is top of the line and can hold it's own, but the meat is extremely average... You can cook a better steak at home on the grill! The chicken there isn't that good either!

Reviewed August 6, 2013

My husband and I were celebrating buying a new house. I ordered a rare steak with French fries. My husband ordered a salmon with mashed potatoes. I had a cocktail. We shared our meal with our 15 month old daughter. She had just eaten so we didn't think she needed a whole meal.
The steak was well, well done. The salmon was close to being raw it was so undercooked.
To top it off the waitress was rude, obnoxious and gave us dirty looks from the start. Apparently, you are not to take your children to a restaurant where they say all ages are welcome. My baby girl didn't even make a mess or fuss the whole time.
We left without leaving a tip and we will never go back to a Longhorn Steakhouse anywhere.