“Good neighborhood place”

Governor Stumpy's Grill House
Ranked #196 of 1,429 Restaurants in Kansas City
Reviewed March 22, 2013

Good beer, great service and pretty good food. Atmosphere is nice and patio is nice in the summers. Not too impressed with the spinach dip, but the burger I had was pretty good. Good place for families.

There are newer reviews for Governor Stumpy's Grill House

Reviewed January 11, 2013

The place was loud and busy!  You may find it difficult to carry on a conversation.  I came for the food, and I think that the blue cheese burger was excellent!

1  Thank Hymen K
Reviewed October 7, 2012

I live in the KC area, and this is one of my favorite restaurants. From the moment you walk in, they treat you like they want you there. Once you get a table, the waiters are very quick to provide you service. If they are crowded, the owner/manager (I'm not sure which one he is) makes an effort to check on you. The waiters of course do what they can, but sometimes they just get very busy. You don't expect them to be superwaiter, so the owner jumps in to help serve you. And the food is simply delicious. Not too fancy, just real good bar & grill style food. I love their veggie burger and veggie taco salad; however, my friends recommend the fresco burger and the ragin' cajun chicken salad. Be sure to stop in! I'm a repeat visitor, and have gone with my fiance, my mom, and my friends.

1  Thank Bre S
Reviewed September 29, 2012

The service was OUTSTANDING!!! Hands down the best service I have had in a long time. This is a small neighborhood bar and grill. The food was average to good and the atmoshphere was okay. They do have a great patio and happy hour specials.

1  Thank GSR1982
Reviewed September 24, 2012

The service is always great. There's a lot on the menu. Try the rattlesnake pasta. This is a family friendly place.

1  Thank stephanie d