“Lovely meal in a quiet setting” 5 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Morgantown, WV
“Lovely meal in a quiet setting”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2012

There are restaurants that offer good food in a noisy setting; others may offer lousy food in a nice setting. We had a lovely meal in a quiet setting. Tables aren't that close to each other. The menu showed some creativity and the staff were attentive, but not "too" attentive. I would go back if I was ever to be in KC again. I would note that this restaurant is on the 2nd floor. If stairs are an issue one should call. I'm afraid I did not notice if they have an elevator.

• Visited August 2012

Kansas City, Missouri
“A Special Treat”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2012

This restaurant was recommended to my by my aunt who use to waitress there in her younger years. It was a very private environment, great for dates or even business dinners. The service was friendly, knowledgeable, you really felt like they were only their to serve you. Pretty impressive.
The food was a special treat. It's a little pricey, but for a good reason. I had a sipping soup appetizer and rack of lamb for an appetizer. The dish was tender and full of flavor. It was the perfect outing.

• Visited February 2012
Shawnee Mission, Kansas
“Great for Lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2012

A lovely little place for lunch. I had the KC Strip sandwich which was amazing and the crispy onion straws were like little strips of heaven! For dessert I had Chocolate Pecan Pie which was also very good, the crust was very flaky and the filling wasn't so heavy with chocolate that it overwhelmed the pecan goodness. I would definitely go back, at least for lunch.

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Chicago
“Very enjoyable meal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2012

Good service, food and wine list. Fish was excellent

Visited July 2012
Baltimore, Maryland
“Fantastic Plaza Dining Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2012

We had amazing food and wine at Starker's. The service was prompt and helpful. The interior was very nicely decorated and the tables were not crowded together. I had the halibut and my husband had the bone-in pork chop. Both were great. We tried three different wines by the glass and we were pleased with each. We also had the bread pudding dessert and it was very very nice. The pricing at this restaurant was right on par with the value of food and service received.
Although we've lived in Kansas City for a while, this was our first visit. It definitely won't be our last!

• Visited July 2012