“First Thai Experience”

Lulu's Thai Noodle Shop
Ranked #193 of 1,406 Restaurants in Kansas City
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: We are sweet and a little spicy, just like the traditional Thai dishes we serve. It is this delicious balance that has made us a popular neighborhood spot for over 18 years. We believe family is important. Each time we make a dish at LuLu's we honor my father's family recipes. Because we make all of our dishes to order, we promise, whenever possible, to accommodate any special requests. We appreciate our hard working staff for the work they do for us and for who they are as individuals. We appreciate that same quality in our guests. So whether you love noodles or rice, like it hot or not, eat meat or veg out, we make sure your food is fresh, hot, and as individual as you are.
Whitakers, North Carolina, United States
“First Thai Experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2014

This was the first time I have been to a Thai restaurant and I was very impressed. The decor was "industrial" but it worked for the restaurant and the area. We didn't haven't to wait long for a table and the food was quick. We had several questions about the food and our waiter was very knowledgeable and helpful.

Overland Park, Kansas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“LOVE this place!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2014

The Rainbow Peanut Noodles are to die for!! Great casual atmosphere and wonderful food! They have a big menu and also offer lunch specials.

Kansas City
“Watch the fine print for specials”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2014

I enjoy good Thai food and this place has some really good Thai food. The menu has a large variety different flavors of the region. This is the second time I've been to the place and the food was really good.
The first time there our server was able to describe flavors and how they go together to better make decisions on what to try. On our second visit our server only described things as what he liked and along his preferences. This did not give objective decision making assistance and kind of worked against the server's love of the food there. Service was still fine, that's just a thing for me when I ask for suggestions.
On this visit I had chosen the place to introduce the flavors of Thai food to a friend. They have a standing "Happy Hour" special which gives hours and days and should be an excellent way to introduce different tastes and flavors. We discovered later that the happy hour specials are only for bar service and are not available in the dining room. This is not mentioned in the advertisement or their website. For a place that has such good food, usually decent service, and a nice clean atmosphere I found the "bait and switch" game enough to never go there again.
I don't like dishonest or deceitful business practices.

Kansas City
“Not very good...better places to eat”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2014

We didn't have very good food or service. Wouldn't return. Orders were wrong, everybody's plates came at different times spread over 15 minutes and the food we did get wasn't well prepared.

• Visited January 2014
Kansas City, Kansas
“A KC must for Curries”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2014 via mobile

I have loved the green curry for over a decade. Usually tofu is my perference, but the tofu isn't as healthy as the chicken. The curries are best here or any wide noodle dish. Regular Pad Thai is better at Thai Place. Get curries here. Good appetizers. Thai iced tea isn't the best. My #2 choice at Lulu's is Drunken Noodle. Chicken. Mmmmm. Good.