“Best Mexican Restaruant in KC”
Review of Taqueria Mexico

Taqueria Mexico
Ranked #804 of 1,424 Restaurants in Kansas City
Cuisines: Mexican
Springfield, Missouri
“Best Mexican Restaruant in KC”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

The food is great, service is super fast and friendly and prices are very competitive. Try the chicken chimichunga! We come here every time we visit KC. Love it!

Visited May 2013

Kansas City, Missouri
“Not a fan...”
Reviewed May 14, 2013

My question is how does a place with rude service and sloppy food stay in business? I ordered a burrito spread with rice & beans that cost me 11 dollars and some change, Ouch!, Am I on the plaza? The burrito was made sloppy with chunks of meat that had not been shredded, and lettuce, which I specifically asked them to leave out. Staff never said one word to me besides telling me the price. I don't review many restaurants but the hype for Taqueria Mexico is overrated and won't be reconsidered.

• Visited May 2013
Kansas City, Missouri
“Soak up your suds”
Reviewed April 15, 2013

Taqueria Mexico - Southwest Boulevard

Great place for late night snack with good friends, but the jukebox needs an update. Try the Alambres Mexico with shrimp, bacon, beef & cheese it will definitely soak up your suds.

• Visited April 2013
Kansas City, Kansas
“Uninspiring”
Reviewed March 28, 2013

Hailing from southern Cali, I search high and low for really good, authentic Mexican food, and I'm continually disappointed in what Kansas City has to offer. One would think "if its on the boulevard, and its owned and run by Mexicans" (no offense intended) the food would have some of the wonderful flavors that come from our neighbors to the south. I've tried 2 of these locations, the southwest blvd location multiple times. Tonight it was 7th street. The service was poor; our waiter really didn't care. No silverware until I asked; even when i got my food! No refilling my tea until I asked. Then the food came. the presentation was ok but I have never had beans & rice that were so tasteless. The meat was just barely ok, but again, none of the delicious flavors I associate with good Mexican food. Are the people cooking actually tasting or eating what they're cooking? I somehow doubt it. i had to write this review to remind myself never to eat again at this so called "Mexican" restaurant. Get a spice or two! Sheesh.

• Visited March 2013
Arlington, Virginia
“Nothing to Recommend This Place”
Reviewed August 9, 2012

If you like mediocre chain restaurant food, this is the place for you. I just had lunch there. The service was quick but inattentive; the ambiance was uninspired and way too noisy for lunch; and the food was what I line to call "plastic food" (everything looks and tastes the same with no distinguishing characteristics). There are many Mexican restaurants in Kansas City that are much better than this.

• Visited August 2012