“Soak up your suds”

Ranked #701 of 1,460 Restaurants in Kansas City
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed April 15, 2013

Taqueria Mexico - Southwest Boulevard

Great place for late night snack with good friends, but the jukebox needs an update. Try the Alambres Mexico with shrimp, bacon, beef & cheese it will definitely soak up your suds.

Reviewed March 28, 2013

Hailing from southern Cali, I search high and low for really good, authentic Mexican food, and I'm continually disappointed in what Kansas City has to offer. One would think "if its on the boulevard, and its owned and run by Mexicans" (no offense intended) the food would have some of the wonderful flavors that come from our neighbors to the south. I've tried 2 of these locations, the southwest blvd location multiple times. Tonight it was 7th street. The service was poor; our waiter really didn't care. No silverware until I asked; even when i got my food! No refilling my tea until I asked. Then the food came. the presentation was ok but I have never had beans & rice that were so tasteless. The meat was just barely ok, but again, none of the delicious flavors I associate with good Mexican food. Are the people cooking actually tasting or eating what they're cooking? I somehow doubt it. i had to write this review to remind myself never to eat again at this so called "Mexican" restaurant. Get a spice or two! Sheesh.

Reviewed August 9, 2012

If you like mediocre chain restaurant food, this is the place for you. I just had lunch there. The service was quick but inattentive; the ambiance was uninspired and way too noisy for lunch; and the food was what I line to call "plastic food" (everything looks and tastes the same with no distinguishing characteristics). There are many Mexican restaurants in Kansas City that are much better than this.

Reviewed July 1, 2012

The food is varied and well presented. The amount is more than you should eat but it is good. The margaritas are very good and you better order the small unless you are not planning to leave.

Reviewed April 12, 2012

there are multiple locations in the kc area, but the best is right on the blvd. the prices and super reasonable and the food always hits the spot when i'm craving super yummy mexican food and margaritas the size of my head. the staff is super friendly, too. this place is a winner.