“SOOO good. Perfect chinese!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Seating, Takeout
kansas
“SOOO good. Perfect chinese!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2008

Can I just tell you how much I miss this place? I moved from Kansas City 6 months ago and I still have not found a chinese place that comes close to Kin Lin in my new city! The owners are the sweetest, most hardworking, gracious people- so don't be fooled by some of the servers- they just don't speak english very well! The owners are behind the counter and working around the clock.

They have recently expanded and made room because they needed it! They are right next to UMKC main campus just off of the plaza but there is always parking, it is never an issue. They have great prices and generous portions and the ABSOLUTE best crab rangoon that I have ever had. I can't find it anywhere else!

Don't pay the price at PF Chang's, Kin Lin is better and not so americanized. If you like Chinese and you haven't tried Kin Lin yet, than you are missing out! Good food from good people! Enjoy!

2 Thank cnee

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Great hole in the wall next to UMKC. They recently expanded so you might actually find a table.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2007

1 Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“One of My Fave Inexpensive Chinese Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2007

I love good food and since we moved to a small town near KC we've been going to the city at least every other weekend to try something new or go back to one of our favorites.

Kin Lin is one that we love to visit frequently, especially after a long day of shopping at the Plaza and it's not a weekend afternoon (we always go to Bo Ling's for their dim sum during this time). Not only is the food delicious the price is very good too -- very student friendly since the restaurant is right next to UMKC. Service might not be top notch. They're quick but sometimes the person helping you doesn't speak a whole lot of clear English but they try so hard and are very friendly.

They have a small and large option for many of the dishes. I am a hearty eater and I always get the small and it's just perfect with a little bit of leftover. I love the fried rice there, so very good, and for less than $6 it's a great bargain. My husband's favorite is the General's Tso and the Chicken Veggie dish. He'd order the large and have plenty leftover to take to work the next day. On our last dinner visit we spent a little over $20 for two adults and a toddler and we had friend rice, chicken veggie, two soups, boiled dumplings, and two hot teas. YUM! They have lunch specials too and the prices are even better.

The restaurant has just finished renovating and the place is a bit nicer and definitely larger. Yes, looking at the restaurant you won't think much of it, it's clean but it just looks small from the outside and really nothing spectacular, but it's really cozy. I also feel good when I eat there. I love eating in places where there are many students and staff/faculty members of the university amongst other guests. It just always reminded me of the fun young days when I was in college.

I am half Chinese, I know good (Chinese) food, if you want good affordable Chinese food, stop by Kin Lin!

1 Thank keiraharford
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Their lunch is ok for me.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2007

Their lunch is ok for me.

1 Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook