“Delicious!”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed March 27, 2019 via mobile

We saw this place on Man v Food and had to try. Best (pan) fried chicken we’ve ever had! The gravy made for the best chicken dipping sauce. Our server was excellent! We will totally stop by again next time we’re in town!

Date of visit: March 2019

Reviewed March 19, 2019

I have long heard Kansas Citians rave about the institution that is Stroud's. It's iconic. I thought I'd give it a try. I honestly was underwhelmed. I like the laidback country atmosphere. The staff was friendly. I just was not impressed by the food. The texture of the chicken was great. Nice and crunchy and piping hot. However, there was no taste to the chicken or anything else presented. Of course, you can always add salt to your individual plate but we all know if it's not seasoned properly ahead of time, trying to add seasoning at the end is futile. It was like we were eating at a nursing home where everyone was on a no sodium diet. The food was far too expensive for it to come with no flavor.

Date of visit: February 2019
Reviewed March 19, 2019

Grandma's fried chicken, crispy and delicious. Would definitely recommend! Cinnamon rolls served with the meal are to die for.

Date of visit: February 2019
Reviewed January 30, 2019

What can I say, it lived up to its reputation. As a southerner, I do love fried chicken and this was excellent. Great wait staff, good sides and enjoyable view. Relaxing lunch on a Sunday. Taxi there was epensive, but in a rental, I nice ride from downtown.

Date of visit: November 2018
Reviewed January 26, 2019

Not a whole lot to say except great fried chicken, served family style. I was very crowed and busy, but our waitress did a great job of taking care of us.

Date of visit: January 2019