“Best An Fried Chicken I've ever had”

Stroud's Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #11 of 1,415 Restaurants in Kansas City
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Aiea, Hawaii
“Best An Fried Chicken I've ever had”
Reviewed August 22, 2014 via mobile

Historic home converted to a resturaunt, their signature is pan fried chicken. I had the "Chicken fried Chicken"; a boneless chicken breast pounded flat and pan fried. I don't normally have my chicken fried; this was amazing. Green beans, mashed potatoes, gravy all served family style. There were 5 in our party; seated quick and great service. No one in the party was a member of the clean plate club! At the end the waitress came out with a heaping bowl of home made cinnamon rolls. Wow! Highly recommend. Location is a bit off the beaten path but well worth it! Will go there again if my travels take us back through Kansas City.

1 Thank Gary R

Missouri
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not as expected”
Reviewed August 20, 2014

We heard and read that this was supposed to be the "best" fried chicken in KC.....it was good, not the best. The green beans are just okay and if you love homemade mashed potatoes, do not order them here, get fries. The pork chop I would recommend getting either fried or broiled and the gravy was good. The cinnamon rolls were the best part of our meal and we took some home with our leftover chicken. The atmosphere of the restaurant in Overland Park, KS is wonderful and so is the staff. I always try something twice before crossing it off my list, so I will try it again in the future and order some of the other sides on the menu. They definitely give you plenty of food, so you can save some money by sharing a meal.

• Visited August 2014
“Awesome food”
Reviewed August 18, 2014 via mobile

We went here on the recommendation of a local hotel and are so glad we did. The family style serving is great and the chicken was second to none. The only drawback is the wait. We went on a Tuesday night at 7:00 and had to wait over an hour to be seated. Don't get me wrong, it was worth the wait but I never expected that long of wait during the week. By the time our food came, we were starving. The one plus is that you get so much food that we were able to eat a second meal the next day. We will be back!

Visited August 2014
2 Thank Trent H
chicago
“No fly zone”
Reviewed August 16, 2014 via mobile

At one time this was one of my favorite comfort food spots in the world
I would put strouds on my agenda Everytime in KC

They have slide into the blah zone
Chicken has lost its plump juicy texture
They best thing on menu is the otts French dressing they buy for the salad
Popeyes is world class next to strouds

Cinnamon rolls were soaked in butter and close to the texture I mush
By the way, I have given them three chances in the past year
Same result ... Worthy of the no fly zone status!!!!

Urbandale, Iowa
“as expected”
Reviewed August 13, 2014

The chicken could only be better if it were not factory farmed. It was very good but expensive. Iowa machine Shed also has excellent pan fried chicken. The gravy was exceptional and nostalgic using well enhanced drippings. I noted the table next to me ordered catfish- I think we missed the boat on that treat

• Visited July 2014