“Character and characters”

Ranked #18 of 1,471 Restaurants in Kansas City
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Takeout
Description: A unique Kansas City experience, BB's Lawnside BBQ has been the place where BBQ Meets the Blues for more than 20 years.
Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

We pulled up and it didn't look like much, a local watering hole. The interior followed that continuity, very laid back atmosphere.
The host and servers also fit tye atmosphere, very laid back, but also fairly attentive.
We got there before the late crowd came out; the food was served almost immediately. The two of us split the BB King combo, and it was almost enough food for three people. The rib meat fell off the bone, the steak fries were delectable, and the baked beans were the best I've ever had.
The only real complaint is that there is that the main door is only one small door in and out.

1  Thank Honeybee687

Reviewed September 29, 2013

Went to KC to watch the Chiefs. Heard that BB Lawnside Bar B Que was a must. We ordered the burnt ends. To our dismay they were almost 75% solid fat. Granted they were tender but I threw away most of the meat and I am not a picky eater. The homemade fries were great and the baked beans average. The meat is served on a slice of white bread. The barbeque sauce was not the best and was watered down too much. Unfortunately we were disappointed and will not return. This restaurant would not last a month in our hometown of Springfield MO. I have to give it a thumbs down.

1  Thank grace1012013
Reviewed September 12, 2013

I included BB's in my tour of barbeque and was very happy with it. The waitress suggested several items and I chose the burnt ends. I was very happy with them; tender, flavorful, and not too fatty. I am new to ordering burnt ends but I actually preferred them to Jack Stack's. The atmosphere was artsy and rustic, which I was okay with, but I would never have brought my wife along, she is particular about her restaurants. Service was good, our waitress was friendly and helpful. It was quite a hike from my hotel but well worth it.

Reviewed August 23, 2013

Ate at BB's Lawnside for lunch today. I have enjoyed eating here in the past, but had to introduce my wife to them. Sonja was our server today, very friendly and out going, which was very nice for a hot day. I had my usual, Big Walter, the mixture was heavy in pork today but it was large and delicious as always. My wife went with a Little beef Walt, she ended up with more meat than she could finish. Food was served hot and pretty quickly, the baked bean were fantastic. BB's sits in pretty heavy commercial area, but well worth the trip off the beaten path.

1  Thank wonderkap
Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

Good food. Rustic feel. Old, but still felt clean. We got there 5 min before they started charging cover. Band was entertaining and food was good, but not sure it would have been worth to pay an extra $20.