“Good most of the time”

Winslow's City Market Barbecue
Ranked #625 of 1,411 Restaurants in Kansas City
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Junction City, Kansas
“Good most of the time”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2012

This place has the best BBQ meat in KC. Their sauces are a bit bland aand can be inconsistant.

Visited August 2011
1 Thank ryan1357

Kansas City
“Used to be good... not any more.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2012

It had been a while since I ate at Winslow's, but remembered liking it. So I headed there with some out of town guests as it was a close place to grab some BBQ. Big mistake. A worker told us it had changed ownership a couple years ago. Service was slow & not very sharp. The worst part was the food though. It was the worst BBQ I've had in a long time. We ordered several of their sauces, but none were to our liking. The pulled pork was ok, but no where near as good as many other options in KC. I had a chicken sandwich which was an unappetizing pile of chunks of meat & skin totally soaked in a nasty maple sauce. I couldn't eat but a couple of bites after wiping off as much sauce as I could. The fries were unimpressive and the slaw had a weird taste to it. Even if it was the only BBQ place in town I would never eat here again.

• Visited May 2012
Kansas City, Missouri
“yum”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2012

I use to work by there I could eat there everyday the BQ was awsome and the curly fries were the best .And then you could walk around the ciyt market for some great buys

Visited March 2012
Kansas City, Kansas
“Winslow's is dedicated to great music and BBQ!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2012

We had a great time at Winslow's enjoying the band, Knock Kneed Sally and eating some BBQ. I had the brisket with fries and coleslaw. I loved the coleslaw, not too sweet and not too creamy...just RIGHT!!! We sat outside on the patio and enjoyed the music with our meal and a couple of beverages...what a beautiful afternoon!

Visited May 2012
Arlington, Virginia
“Took a friend”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2012

I took a friend from out of town to winslows and it gave him the absolute wrong impression of KC bbq.

Visited October 2011