“Cheeseburger Pizza”

Minsky's Pizza
Ranked #90 of 1,496 Restaurants in Kansas City
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery
Description: "Gourmet, and going to stay that way." Since 1976 we've used distinctive ingredients in our savory pizzas, sandwiches, pastas and salads. Hungry? Order online now! Sure to please any palate at our original 51st and Main restaurant and 13 locations throughout the metro.Since we began making gourmet pizza in Kansas City in 1976, we have used the finest ingredients. Our savory pizzas begin with fresh, hand-rolled dough layered with generous portions of lean, succulent meats, tender vegetables, aromatic herbs and are topped with rich dairy mozzarella baked to bubbling perfection. Today, our distinctive ingredients and commitment to quality ensure that each Minsky's pizza is a mouthwatering masterpiece. In addition to gourmet pizzas, we offer a tasty selection of sandwiches, salads and pastas sure to please any palate. Enjoy.
Reviewed January 10, 2013

On our recent visit to KC, my brother brought home a cheese pizza for the kids and a cheeseburger pizza for the adults. The boys gobbled up the cheese pizza with no complaints...which means it was good! As for the cheeseburger pizza, it was my first time to have one of these. It took some getting used to, but was very flavorful. The crunch of the pickles under the cheese surprised me, as did the mustard. I would love to try some of the other specialty pies from Minsky's in the future. Definitely will keep it on my radar when we return!

Reviewed January 8, 2013

We wanted to grab a bite to eat and be able to hang out and talk. The calzones were a big hit at our table. You can order any of their specialty pizzas as a calzone. I had pasta with chicken, olives and artichoke. It was good and there was too much for me to finish. Our waitress was quick. She brought refills on our sodas before we even asked. She also asked if it was ok to give the child at our table seconds. After a refill she brought him water. This is obviously a local place. 4 entrees, 3 sodas, 2 desserts and an appetizer came to $56. That's a deal.

Reviewed January 7, 2013

The garlic cheese toast and Papa Minsky's is what we look forward to every Friday night (five years running). Even after five years have had zero interest in trying the rest of menu, although have heard sandwiches/calzones are good also. As pizza afficionados we take it quite seriously and would put Minsky's in-league with other well-established joints in St Louis and Chicago.

Admittedly, it tastes better coming right out of the oven versus carryout. It is also pricier than a chain store variety, but the quality/consistency is well worth the premium.

Reviewed December 28, 2012

Love the food at Minksky's! The pizza and calazones are amazing. The sandwiches are outstanding and service is super. It's my favorite KC pizza and one of my favorite casual dining restaurants!

Reviewed December 20, 2012

The pizza is good, but we feel that it is a little too expensive to go there very often. Usually busy, so arrive early!