“The Restaurant of Many Appetites At It's Best”
Review of Blue Bird Bistro

Blue Bird Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Blue Bird Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #320 of 1,433 Restaurants in Kansas City
Cuisines: American, French, Healthy
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 17th Street
Reviewed December 17, 2012

If you are vegetarian (I'm not but I appreciate vegetarian meals) or prefer gluten free or you're not either and just like beef, chicken, fish or bison, then this is your place. Well prepared food, whether salads, polenta or brisket, it's always good. In the summer the spices are grown across the street in the garden. This restaurant is located in a neighborhood that has historical significance. One of the most interesting places in the city.

Reviewed November 11, 2012 via mobile

Hip upscale bistro. Downtown in an eclectic area. We had the trio: French toast from ciabatta bread, eggs, and buffalo sausage; meatloaf Benedict; and sweet potato hash with corn muffins. Everything was delicious! The only thing....I wish the muffins were warm to help moisten them and complement the meal better. No kids menu but they did eat the eggs and French toast....we ate their buffalo sausage:)

Reviewed October 9, 2012

I am a vegetarian and they have some great options that don't include meat. It is in a quaint neighborhood close to downtown. I like the eclectic ambiance also.

Reviewed September 19, 2012

A cozy, organic restaurant where we had a wonderful breakfast. I had some great French Toast and my boyfriend had some awesome Apple Pancakes. I wish I could go back and have lunch!

Reviewed August 24, 2012

Found the Blue Bird Bistro in the AAA guide to Kansas City and decided to give it a try. What a wonderful place! The quinoa-stuffed tomatoes were really tasty and the service was friendly and quick. Loved the space itself, too. Best stop on our trip from CA to MN!