“Yummy steaks”

Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 17, 2012

Is the service at this Outback Steakhouse--or any restaurant--perfect? No. That said, however, more often than not, the food has been outstanding and well worth paying for.

There have been times where I have been upset with the quality of my food, namely the steak being overdone, but whenever I said something afterward, they would do their best to make up for it, providing a voucher for a discount on my next bill or a free bloomin' onion. A lot of restaurants would not take that step to satisfy their customers.

I would recommend any of the cuts of steak, but especially the T-bone and the filet. Don't order more cooked than medium rare. Good steak loses its taste whenever you cook it took long.

Try the seafood dishes if you're not into steak. The lobster tails are first-rate whether grilled or steamed, and the salmon is tasty.

Also, this is one of the best options if you're staying near KCI. Otherwise, it's either fight the traffic into downtown or drive 35 minutes to St. Joseph.

If I have to choose one chain restaurant to eat at, I'm going to choose Outback whenever I can. I know what I'm getting, and it's good food, good food which fills me up. I don't understand the dissatisfaction.

Reviewed August 8, 2012

And that's not a good sigh. Their Bloomin Onion is awesome, and usually the high point of my meals here. Been here several times and have to send my steak back every single time. Yeah, I like it a little more done than most people, but cook it like it's ordered. Our last visit - over a year ago - I sent it back three times. Everyone else had finished by the time I got mine the way I wanted. Haven't been back since. The steaks have a great flavor, they just need to cook them correctly.

Reviewed August 6, 2012

We made a trip to Outback after being on the hiway for 3 hrs, went in around 4:45pm on a friday night, nice atmosphere and very clean. The service was very good, mixed drinks not the best, must have been a rookie bartender..Steaks were not as I had before at different Outbacks, but were still very tasty other than they make their steaks with alot of different seasonings, which made them a bit too spicy for wife and I.We also had coconut shrimp,they were fantastic and big shrimp..wow..the best part of this meal.The steaks were still very good, but depends on your taste. I had some mushrooms on the side which were tasteless and terrible. Overall bill not bad with drinks and all...around $55-62...I didn't think that was too bad, I know Outback is a bit more pricey than other steak houses, Ive had their steaks before and they were the best.

Reviewed July 15, 2012

This is a national chain that has gone from bad to worse. Not worth the money or calories.

Reviewed July 15, 2012

The service was great but I ordered the seafood mix, it is supposed to be mahi mahi with scrimp. The fish was basically a 1 inch by 1 inch by 1 inch. It sure look a whole lot smaller than the picture on the menu.
Location is good.