“Best BBQ”

Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed December 27, 2013

Without a doubt the best BBQ I've ever had!! 1st there 10+ yrs ago, and still get their mail order once in a while. Don't be deterred by the cost. Not your average BBQ.

Reviewed December 17, 2013

I try to make it to Jack Stack whenever I visit the KC area. I've also received the products via mail order. Both options are excellent. I particularly like the Smoke Beef Short Ribs and Burnt Ends. The short ribs are so tender and flavorful. They are a bit fatty - but everything in moderation.

Reviewed December 16, 2013

My wife and I visited here last weekend. We had been to other locations for Jack Stack, but have never ventured to the one in Martin City. The are that Jack Stack is located in is kind of cool, with a lot of restaurants in the vicinity. The atmosphere was pretty nice as well, kind of a fancy yet rustic feel. The food is what people come here for, and it is pretty good. Having eaten at most other bbq places in town, I can affirm that like most reviews, Jack Stack probably has the lowest amount of smoke flavor of the bunch. This is not necessarily a bad thing, because there is a such thing as too much smoke, though I would agree they could probably use a little more. I had the ribs and brisket, and they were both really good. Add to that the extremely delicious cheesy corn, and this is a very high quality barbecue place. It is the most expensive of the bbq restaurants in town that I have experienced, however they do also have a more in-depth menu than most of the others as well and provides more of a sit down full-service restaurant experience. If you choose to eat at Jack Stack, you will probably be glad you did.

Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

We really wanted to enjoy some good KC bbg so we drove to this location. The restaurant was over decorated. The food was just OK. Not the finger licking, wanting more that we expected. I'm not sure but the burnt ends seemed to be cut chunks that were cooked a little longer just to pass as burnt ends. Even the sweet tea is bottled. Maybe the other menu items are good but if you're just visiting try another bbq place.

Reviewed November 9, 2013

Visited KC on business and was excited about exploring the BBQ scene. Had a combo platter as did my wife, including burnt ends, and it was nothing special. For a place that is touted as so good it was just average. I've had BBQ in Chicago just as good and the prices were higher than some of the other BBQ places in KC. If you want the best KC bbq skip the fancy places like this and head to Oklahoma Joe's.