“Not Your Average BBQ”

Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed April 11, 2012

BBQs should be measured by several criteria; i.e., quality of meat, uniqueness of sauce, ambience and more particularly by the sides they serve. Jack Stack hits on all cylinders especially with the sides: The creamy corn cheese bake is to die for. Nearly every table orders the huge onion rings and baked beans. The only side that could be improved (in my opinion) is the French fries which are a little to big (thick) for my taste. I prefer the thinner, crispier fry. This is a well managed BBQ with a superior trained service staff that always gets the order right and makes dining here even better than it should be

3  Thank Suddrethks

Reviewed April 3, 2012

We read the reviews and decided to try the top three reviewed BBQ places for our trip to Kansas City. Jack Stack was the best of the three "famous" ones we tried. The service was good the BBQ and sides were delicious and the Carrot Cake was the best we had ever had! We definitely will go back when we visit Kansas City again.

1  Thank drw2112
Reviewed March 14, 2012

KC is known for Awesome BBQ. There are several places to visit and Jack Stack has never been a fav of mine. They followed some of the more famous places but with higher prices. BBQ is not considered fine dining and thats what they try to make it and fall short. I have dined there several times due to friends and family wanting to give it a try and everytime I have walked away dissapointed. There are other famous BBQ's places to try that are BBQ joints and are some of the best in the country. This is not one of them.

1  Thank happytillie
Reviewed March 2, 2012

We have eaten at Jack's for years and it has always been great but I have to say that the last few times we have eaten here it has been lacking and not just a little bit. I had a brisket sandwich and the meat was awful. It was kind of rolled up on the bun and inside the meat was completely dried out in some spots and greasy and fatty. Some fat is good but these slices should have been pitched out. My son had chicken tenders that were very overdone, tough and chewy. My husband had a piece of salmon that was just ok. I don't think we will be going back anytime soon. With the cost of eating out I will save my dollars for someplace more consistent.

1  Thank nightowlmom
Reviewed February 24, 2012

This BBQ is among the best you will find - in the Kansas City area or the entire USA. My wife had brisket and ribs . . . both simply melted in your mouth.

I had onion rings, pulled pork sandwich and half her dinner as the portions were large.

It's delicious . . . . highly recommended!!

1  Thank Mike L