“Good steaks” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Jess & Jim's Steak House

Jess & Jim's Steak House
Ranked #122 of 1,400 Restaurants in Kansas City
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions, Kids, Large groups, Families with children, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Leawood, Kansas
“Good steaks”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2014 via mobile

Have been going to Jess And Jim's for years. Steaks are good . Service is usually good. Usually take family from out of town . Must try if in KC.

1 Thank poppy119

LOUISBURG
“Anniversary Dinner”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2014

My wife and I were celebrating our wedding anniversary. Our selected appetizer was their breaded mushrooms that were cooked perfectly. The menu states that they serve their steaks unseasoned unless requested by the diner. I ordered the 20 oz T-bone, seasoned with a butter pat melted on top when served, my wife ordered the 8 oz Filet seasoned. I ordered mine to be cooked Rare + which is a step under medium rare, and my wife ordered medium rare. Both steaks were cooked perfectly as far as temperature. My steak, however was not cooked with seasoning and did not have the melted butter I requested. My wife's steak was seasoned. Her seasoned steak tasted much better than mine. I did not send mine back since it was cooked to the perfect temperature and adding seasoning after cooking is not the same as during the cook. We were served some delicious pickled beets and consumed the whole tray of them.
The service was excellent, and the only reason I downgraded 1 point was the unseasoned steak. Otherwise, the meat was tender and of good quality. For dessert I ordered carrot cake and my wife ordered the molten lava cake. Both were very good.

I will return in the future for a special occasion.

• Visited August 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
“Not the place of my past”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2014 via mobile

been gone from kc for 20 years. Couldn't wait to search out the steak joint of my youth. The steak was fine and not to expensive, there are better for more money in kc. The service however was amongst the worst I have ever experienced. Never checked back on steak temp, never brought enough water for our group, never offered a second round of beer when steaks arrived, never cleared the table when it was obvious we were done and wanted to visit. It was the simple things, this young crew needs some serious training. Sadly, we probably won't go back, we passed too many great places with great service driving in from leawood.

• Visited July 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank booknut217
Plattsburg, Missouri
“Great steaks”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2014

What a great steak. The selection of steaks is un-believable, and they are cooked to perfection! The salads are crisp and fresh with huge baked potato. We encountered a big gulch though- had a reservation and drove almost an hour to get there and ended up waiting 45 + minutes to be seated. We addressed the problem several times, while customers coming in much after us were being seated. The owner tried to solve this by giving our table of 4 an order of onion rings. We were very unhappy to have waited that long. That being said, the dinner was excellent.

• Visited March 2014
Kansas
“Best Steak and baked potato in Kansas City area”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

Their rib eye steak and twice baked potato are outstanding, along with their seafood!! Harry Truman used to eat her!!

• Visited April 2014