“Pretty good lunch”

Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, Seafood
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner
Reviewed June 21, 2018 via mobile

I ate here with two co workers today. My shrimp po boy was good, but the shrimp were a bit small. The waitress felt guilty about the delay in taking out order she comped our drinks and gave us beignets for dessert free. My co worker really liked his seafood fettuccine.

Reviewed June 3, 2018

I'd heard for years about how good the Chicken A La Mer is, and the one time I went to Jazz many years ago I got something else.

Last week our sons were at the Lake of the Ozarks with my mom, so my wife and I decided to go to Jazz.

I knew there would be music, and I was a little concerned it would be too loud. I hate it when you have to shout to hear your dinner partner.

But the music was just the right volume. And it was just a guy and his guitar...we both enjoyed him (and his song selection, which included "Let it Be" and "Rocket Man."

We got the Voodoo chicken wings as an appetizer. They were certainly good, but they're not going to knock The Peanut's off the throne anytime soon.

I really liked the Chicken A La Mer, and my wife liked her dish, which was the Garlic Seafood on Tilapia.

It's a little difficult for me to write these reviews off of one visit. Start paying me for reviews, someone! :) Next time I'd like to try other things, most certainly the crawdads.

Reviewed May 27, 2018

Ordered a shrimp dish that was supposed to be garlic and butter but was mostly oragano. Had to return it. Had to return two oysters. Cole slaw wasn’t delivered until meal was finished. Took glass but did not refill it until meal was finished then brought to go cup.

Reviewed May 25, 2018 via mobile

We had a wonderful time. Our waiter Bryan was so kind he gave my daughter beads in classic NOLA colors. He was very attentive our drinks were always full and everything came out perfect.

I loved the atmosphere of the restaurant. Names written on the walls to commemorate others visits. Mari Gras masks all over Signs of French Quarter and Bourbon Street. The red lights giving it that jazz club feel. I felt like I was actually in New Orleans. All that was missing was the band.

I loved the new take on the Fried pickles breaded like Catfish. I ordered the Shrimp Po Boy with Sweet potato fries and Hush puppies. I had to explain to my daughter it was not made of puppies. Also a pound of Crawfish nice and spicy and delicious(with a side of wet wipes)! We absolutely loved the Beignets with cream! My daughter finished the rest practically licked the plate clean. We left with full bellies and big smiles.

Reviewed April 29, 2018 via mobile

Located near a med school with the necessary youth and economy to support imaginative cuisine. A fun place; writing on the walls, worn tables and chairs. Good parking, with disabled spots, on the Sunday we went.