“Queso burger is a must have!”

Tomfooleries Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #109 of 1,496 Restaurants in Kansas City
Cuisines: American, Pizza
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed September 22, 2013

I used to live in KC and recently was there for a weekend visit. I remembered going to Tomfoolerie's and wanted to take my friends there, too. It was just as good as I remembered. The menu is unique and offers the standard bar food in addition to some interesting options. My favorite (and I was glad to see still on the menu) was the queso burger. It is a regular burger topped with tortilla chips and queso. This was one of the best burgers I ever had. In fact, my friends wanted to go back the next day to have another one. There are healthy options as well, including the Thai chicken. If you have a sweet tooth, make sure to check out the dump truck ice cream sundae...but make sure you split it with at least 4 people! This is a fun bar and a unique place to just hang out while in KC.

Reviewed September 6, 2013

I loved Toms because my roommate and I would go there and play giant Jenga! Tonight a mean man in a blue shirt yelled at us for playing and told us to put the game away. Don't put Jenga blocks out and then yell at your customers for playing! GESH! It was weird and awkward, so we left. Other than that the food/other people were fine.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

This was a surprisingly good choice for a Sunday Brunch. I had only considered Tomfooleries to be a bar with typical bar food, but I must be wrong. The Sunday Brunch buffet was excellent. Being able to order a custom omelet on a card at the table was wonderful. The breakfast and lunch entrees were both excellent with an amazing selection of both.

Reviewed August 17, 2013

Kansas City is known for having great dining experiences, but this certainly wasn't.

-My male friend ordered a steak and had to spit a few pieces out. Too chewy, gristly.
-My iceberg lettuce wedge came room temperature, like it had been sitting out for a while (though service was quick).
-I should have known better than to order a pizza. Just don't. It is not pleasant.

The fried pickles and beer were awesome, but I think knowing how to deep fry and tap a beer keg are pretty low expectations. Go for appetizers and ignore the rest. Sub-par.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

I have never eaten here, but I do like to drink here when I'm in KC. Always good service and a decent pour.