“Decent”

Add it.
Hibachi Japanese Steak House
Cuisines: Japanese, Steakhouse
Reviewed January 9, 2013

Good Japanese Steakhouse, although, not great by any means. The chef did not interact with our table much and the food was cooked well, but seasoning could have been better. Many others well deserving of my money.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

We also encountered a weird smell when we entered, but once we were in, didn't notice it anymore. They seated us quickly (we went on a Sunday evening, so not very busy) and were very attentive to everything. We always know what to expect here, and they are always courteous and attentive. The food was really good - we love the soup, the ginger salad dressing, and of course the hibachi cooking. Everything was really good - it's one of our special birthday places to go to with our children.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

I am a big fan of Teppan Restaurants, and even after reading mixed reviews we tried this one & were not disappointed. The prices are very reasonable for the amount of food you get (a lot) and the cook was very entertaining/skilled!
Only disappointment was chicken is NOT all white meat, next time I will get just the Filet (which was Fabulous!).

Reviewed April 9, 2012

This is an odd review, because I didn't even dine at the restaurant! I couldn't bring myself to! Immediately upon opening the door to enter, my wife and I were met with a distinctly UNPLEASANT smell -- sort of a combination of old, wet carpet and a fishy smell. I love Japanese cuisine, and am not put off at all by any kind of seafood (raw or cooked), but fresh seafood should never smell like it is beginning to go bad. The carpet was worn and dirty, obviously part of the odor, looking like it hadn't been thoroughly cleaned in years. Despite the unappetizing smell and dirty appearance, we approached the vacant host stand, and were ignored for several minutes, even though numerous teen-aged employees passed by, busy laughing and teasing one another. The restaurant was open, but it felt like they weren't ready for customers yet. We took this lapse of service as a sign, and happily left, glad not to gamble on what we may have been served. If the areas they KNOW customers will see are dirty (like the restaurant entrance), how clean can the kitchen be?

2  Thank Kirk_Hardcastle
Reviewed January 4, 2012

The Hibachi has a nice atmosphere, but as far as food goes there are better Japanese restaurants in KC. If you're on the Plaza and want Japanese then don't let this stop you.