“Excellent Neighborhood Restaurant!!”

Carmen's Cafe
Ranked #309 of 1,462 Restaurants in Kansas City
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Authentic Italian bistro with a Latin flair for festive tapas! The many signature dishes include a variety of pasta choices, the famous Chicken Spidieni and the appetizing artichoke. Carmen’s Café delivers friendly service within a casual, upscale atmosphere.
Reviewed February 9, 2012

Although has a feel as a neighborhood restaurant, it has a following from all over the metro. We live in the Brookside area and have loved Carmen's for years. We can always count on very good food for a reasonable price. We had a small post-wedding dinner for 8 event on a Saturday evening which included school age children and vegetarians. Everyone was delighted. The service was excellent and attentive. The atmosphere was lively and just right for the spirit of our evening. The place was packed, there are areas in the restaurant that two people can have a relaxed evening evening. Love it. Highly recommended.

Reviewed January 20, 2012

First time visitor to Carmen's Cafe in Brookside loved it, great food. The house salad that comes with a dinner entree was very good and the tomato cream sauce on my order of manicotti was just delicious. I will return again with my husband he likes portions on the larger size and this restaurant serves large portions come hungry, you will not be disapointed. Ready to return again!

Reviewed November 13, 2011

Unbelievable!!! Would go every time we are in KC. Food and service was fantastic, and half price wine! WINNING!

Reviewed October 31, 2011

My husband and I had the most wonderful meal at Carmen's Cafe located in Leawood, KS. The service was spot-on and our meals were fabulous. My husband had a steak that melted in his mouth and my Chicken Spideni was the best I have ever had. I would highly recommend making Carmen's a place to go when in the south part of Kansas City.

Reviewed October 26, 2011

It was our first visit to Carmen's and when we return to KC I have no doubt we'll eat there again. We went on a busy Friday night with no reservations and grabbed a table for two in the bar area. This turned out to be a good thing---we were there to get some good Italian food and not for romance or a quiet meal. The main dining area would be the place for that and the next time we go we'll have reservations and sit there. This time however we got to see first hand how the tiny kitchen turns out all the food---very entertaining and well coordinated I must say.

We both enjoyed our food, I had the Steak Margarita and my wife had the Veal Marsala the medallions were cooked exactly the way I asked and my wife liked the Marsala but wished she had ordered the steak version because the veal though very tender didn't have enough flavor to suit her.

We liked it and we’ll go back.